Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali

Who produced the better quotes?

Tyson may have the GOAT quote in history, let alone from any boxer:

"Theoretically speaking it's my addiction to the carriage for your comprehension, I would endeavor to exclaminate more profoundly in the future. Other than that, that is wonderful and it's great and I commend you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwpJtEMsr48

Muhammad Ali:

"I have wrestled with an alligator.
    I done tussled with a whale.
    I done handcuffed lightning,
    thrown thunder in jail.
    That's bad!

Only last week I murdered a rock,
    injured a stone,
    hospitalised a brick!
    I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxLokrATgIw

I like both there apealing in different ways Ali's is entertaining and Mike's is at a depth that you would not expect from a boxer other than Gene Tunney.

Comment

In this specific category I'll give the edge to Tyson. Ali's quotes were sometimes a little too corny for me.

Comment

Having to choose between Tyson-Louis-Marciano-Ali-Holmes is almost like asking which James Bond you prefer; Connery-Moore-Dalton-Brosnan-Craig.. In a way...LOL

Comment

Not that tough. I'd say Connery. Craig isn't bad though. Only real bad one was Lazenby, seemed wrong for the role and Moore wasn't rugged enough, but had the suaveness in the romantic scenes.

As for the quotes, I lean towards Ali, but I give Tyson the edge for knowledge of boxing history, taught to him by Cus and from all the old films he showed Mike. I remember seeing a TV special where they showed him eating dinner at home with D'Amato and at one point Tyson remembers the name of a fighter Cus couldn't and when Mike says the name Cus says "You remember everything" lol.
          Last edited by Anthony342; 10-17-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Tyson is a smart brother.

Comment

One of my favorite Ali quotes is one that was politically charged at the time and had nothing to do woth boxing. One of several things he said in explaining his refusal to be drafted was "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet Cong."

Comment

Theres no comparisons when it comes to "saying", its Ali all the way! He and Boudine were the poets in boxing in their day!!! The greatest promoter of all time in boxing. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Theres no comparisons when it comes to "saying", its Ali all the way! He and Boudine were the poets in boxing in their day!!! The greatest promoter of all time in boxing. Ray.
                  I don't know man Tyson said more crazy stuff and what he said was more variable and unpredictable

I mean the dude said he wanted to "have children" with a tiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZY_...eature=related

LOL
                  Last edited by TysonBomb; 10-16-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Tyson had some crazy quotes, but Ali was the king of psychological warfare.

Check out my avi, my favorite quote.

Comment

Working...
                    X