Eubank/Benn vs Hopkins/Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank/Benn vs Hopkins/Jones Jr?

Who would have won prime for prime?

I posted this up in the lounge but it turned into a flame thread.

I think Jones beats both, Hopkins beats Benn but, Eubank troubles him greatly and if they faught 3 times both would take losses.

Comment

The Benn that fought mcclellan would be tough for anyone to beat, call me crazy but id go with eubank over jones, as much as i like jones he's so overated its a joke. That being said id give him the nod over Benn. With Hopkins abit green in the jones fight id have Benn to beat him.
      Hopkins vs Eubank could go either way.
      This is as bit of styles make fights drunken logic. Dont shoot me.

Comment

No offense but B-Hop and Jones out class the other two. Completely different skill level.

Comment

benn takes all, hopkins wins SD over eubank. joe calzaghe beats the lot

Comment

Originally posted by TrilogyOne View Post
            benn takes all, hopkins wins SD over eubank. joe calzaghe beats the lot

Comment

Originally posted by IIIX JACK XIII View Post
              The Benn that fought mcclellan would be tough for anyone to beat, call me crazy but id go with eubank over jones, as much as i like jones he's so overated its a joke. That being said id give him the nod over Benn. With Hopkins abit green in the jones fight id have Benn to beat him.
              Hopkins vs Eubank could go either way.
              This is as bit of styles make fights drunken logic. Dont shoot me.

LOL Roy Jones has every single physical advantage over Eubank and is a boxing genius to boot

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
                Who would have won prime for prime?

I posted this up in the lounge but it turned into a flame thread.
                I think Jones beats Eubank. Eubank was a top counter-puncher but a step below Toney, who Jones dominated.
                Jones by UD
                I think Jones beats Benn. Because of Benn's power he does have a punchers chance but I think Jones stops him late.
                Jones by late stoppage

I think Eubank-Hopkins is a 50/50 fight, which of course could go either way

I would also give Benn a good chance against Hopkins, Hopkins is the much more rounded fighter, but if he is getting dropped by the like of Mercado and Pascal then I give Benn a chance to win by ko
                65% Hopkins by ud
                35% Benn by late ko
                Last edited by Toney616; 05-14-2011, 08:03 AM.

Comment

1. Jones (beats em all)
                  2. Hopkins (beats eubank in a tough fight schools Benn, loses to Jones)
                  3. Eubank
                  4. Benn

Comment

I was around during this era and saw all the fights on tv. Eubank was a big favourite of mine and he, Benn and Watson were all exceptional British middleweights.

However, in their primes, between the three of them you could say that the only truly great fighter any of them fought was Mike Mcallum who Watson was beaten quite easily by. By that rational though it pains me to say it as a brit and a fan, Hopkins, RJJ and James toney would probably all have beaten Benn and Eubank as they were a class above. Only slightly mind and some fights would be close but looking at the records of the Brits, a lot of the names are sub standard and I'm afraid they were just below the top yanks of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X