Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people be so loyal/obsessed with a particular company?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can people be so loyal/obsessed with a particular company?

Why do people have such an emotional connection with a brand or particular company, such as Apple, Windows, iPhone, Android, Coke, Pepsi, etc.?

I guess product advertising must effect the brain of certain individuals in an extreme way?

I never quite understood this. I mean, I may like a certain product over another one but it's because for whatever it works better for me, not because I'm a fanboy of the brand or whatever.

Thoughts?

Pepsi>Coke!

Comment

People like to belong to something? Maybe they feel that they're defined by their taste in certain things..

Electronics, sports team, their job title, their hoppy etc..

Pathetic? Yes... But understandable none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        People like to belong to something? Maybe they feel that they're defined by their taste in certain things..

Electronics, sports team, their job title, their hoppy etc..

Pathetic? Yes... But understandable none the less.
        To the point where they get emotional and bitterly debate what product is the better for hours? I suppose it's a way to belong to a community. Pathetic, I agree.

Comment

I work for Google. I get paid to do this.

Do you get paid to post on a forum or are you only here because your life is sad and pathetic?

Comment

People want to fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
              I work for Google. I get paid to do this.

Do you get paid to post on a forum or are you only here because your life is sad and pathetic?
              lol what a sensitive twat.

Comment

IDK theirs people on here constantly defending arum like hes their grandfather.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Pepsi>Coke!
                  Coke> Pepsi
                  no work!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Why do people have such an emotional connection with a brand or particular company, such as Apple, Windows, iPhone, Android, Coke, Pepsi, etc.?

I guess product advertising must effect the brain of certain individuals in an extreme way?

I never quite understood this. I mean, I may like a certain product over another one but it's because for whatever it works better for me, not because I'm a fanboy of the brand or whatever.

Thoughts?
                    behavioral psychology is a very interesting field... i may need some more reading about it...

personally though, i must admit that i am sort of a fanboy too (not so passionately though)... PS3 over 360, mac OS over windows, pixar over dreamworks... vinyl records over mp3...

maybe a crucial clue to the question is, why do we keep coming back to boxingscene and not over some rival boxing websites?

great thread...

Comment

Working...
                    X