Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, anbody giving Morales much of a chance in the Garcia rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, anbody giving Morales much of a chance in the Garcia rematch?

I for one am not. Man, I love Morales. He's one of my all time favorites, but I just don't think he's capable of it at this point in his life. He's seen too much action, been in too many tough fights. Garcia is young, undefeated guy and his confidence has to be through the roof with his recent victories and the slew of belts won. I just don't see Morales beating him as much as I wish he could. What do you guys think? Can anyone give me a little hope for "El Terrible"?

"El Terrible" by far my favorite Mexican Warrior...is definitely an up hill battle for him
    if this was a prime Morales I'll bet my house on this fight taking Morales over Garcia, I still pick Morales to win but I'm just betting the dog... War Terrible!!!

Comment

Yes. if he can get back to 50% of what he was then he wins easily.

just depends if there's even some fumes left in the tank.

Garcia ain't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Yes. if he can get back to 50% of what he was then he wins easily.

just depends if there's even some fumes left in the tank.

Garcia ain't that good.
        I more or less agree with everything you just said. What do you think the odds are Morales a little something left tho?

Comment

Absoloutely he is in with a chance of winning this, Garcia just isn't that good at all and Morales gave him hell last time! This time Morales takes him to school

Comment

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
            I more or less agree with everything you just said. What do you think the odds are Morales a little something left tho?
            if he hadn't had injury issues i'd actually favour Morales.

As it is, I just don't know.

The old maestro may have one last performance in him, but we won't know till the scales i don't think.

Comment

Morales is a far better boxer but Garcia has 3 things going for him,he is tough,determined and hits very hard. Morales is no spring chicken has the tools to beat him but Garcia seems to know how to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                Morales is a far better boxer but Garcia has 3 things going for him,he is tough,determined and hits very hard. Morales is no spring chicken has the tools to beat him but Garcia seems to know how to win.
                Tough: yes

Determined: i'm going to level here, I did not like his body language in the Khan fight PRIOR to left hook landing. read into it what you will.

Hits very hard: Prescott took Khan out with 3 punches. Garcia landed about 80, flush power shots after the left hook and Khan was stopped on his feet. He's got pop, but he's not the second coming of a guy called Julian Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Tough: yes

Determined: i'm going to level here, I did not like his body language in the Khan fight PRIOR to left hook landing. read into it what you will.

Hits very hard: Prescott took Khan out with 3 punches. Garcia landed about 80, flush power shots after the left hook and Khan was stopped on his feet. He's got pop, but he's not the second coming of a guy called Julian Jackson
                  what did his body language tell you in the Khan fight?
                  I was shocked when Garcia knocked Khan out, but I think it had more to do with the placement of that neck shot than raw punching power.

Comment

Morales was in terrible shape for that fight. If he seriously works on his conditioning and comes in as best his body will let him be he has a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X