Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that just cracks up at Khan choosing Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach is an expert at matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
      Paulie Malignaggi was a potential opponent for Floyd Mayweather before the Mosley vs Berto bout was cancelled. Paulie is going from a possible fight with Mayweather to a fight with Khan and he's going to be a tough test for Khan imo. If you look at Timothy Bradley's and Devon Alexander's last opponents - Lamont Peterson and Juan Urango, Malignaggi is at least the same level as the both them, and infact probably more tricky to fight then either Urango or Peterson because of his speed and movement.

This isn't the same Malignaggi who fought Hatton, it's a much better version. I agree with Malignaggi when he says McGirt unintentionally made him worse when he was under his tutelage, he's boxing much better lately since he left McGirt.
      True. IMO Paulie is even better then the last opponents Bradley and Alexander fought [Peterson and Urango]. I know that styles make fight but these haters just see the KO ratio of Paulie and think that he forms no threat to Amir. Amir has never fought someone as slick and fast as Paulie so this fight will tell us yet again how complete of a fighter Amir really is.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
        I mean jesus christ it's ****ing hilarious that him being under fire about his glass chin, And he takes on 5 KO Paulie for his title defense instead of a top 5 JWW? .
        No you're not. I rate Khan(still do,to be fair) and have always defended him when peple have typed the usual tired **** about him,but Paulie sucks as an opponent for him. Paulie has done f.uck all to deserve this shot. I have always said that it should be Maidana,but if they werent going to fight him then I would have hoped that he would have been chasing Bradley or Alexander or at least someone with a hint of a dig.

Everything about Paulie is overrated. He has some good skills and good speed,but these are just good,they arent world class. Paulie is an above average boxer but seems to get far more attention than his talent warrants,and that can probably be put down to his fluorescent personality. If Paulie was a quiet,unassuming kind of fella,then he would get hardly,if any attention.

Paulie's greatest attribute in the ring is his heart,but that and a couple of distance fights with another chronically overrated fighter(Juan Diaz) plus being defeated by every decent fighter you ever fought shouldnt merit you a title shot against a champion who has far more deserving people he should be and needs to be fighting.

Comment

Didn't Paulie stun Diaz?

If he did, I give him a chance of rocking Khan pretty good (Although Khan is a different fighter to Diaz, Diaz is coming forward so he can be walked on to shots)

Comment

But yes, it would be pretty hilarious if Paulie stopped him.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              True. IMO Paulie is even better then the last opponents Bradley and Alexander fought [Peterson and Urango]. I know that styles make fight but these haters just see the KO ratio of Paulie and think that he forms no threat to Amir. Amir has never fought someone as slick and fast as Paulie so this fight will tell us yet again how complete of a fighter Amir really is.
              I think this fight will help reveal Khan's true status in the division. Even though Malignaggi isn't a big puncher, he's only ever lost to fighters who were, at some point in time, world champions - namely Diaz, Cotto and Hatton. And Malignaggi is looking much better since he left McGirt so he should be close to his best.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
                Calm down *****. You don't have to be so angry because Marquez ducked Khan.

Khan will fight the winner of Bradley-Maidana next. So, shut your mouth.
                wait a secound here for all the ******s saying jmm ducked kahn what the hell makes yall think kahn deserves to fight jmm. kahn aint done **** but get knocked the **** out by a no name fighter and beat a ****ing club fighter for a ****y belt, kahn is a million miles behind jmm so kahn better be careful what he ask for cause he will get koed again

Comment

Working...
                X