Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better President. Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Clinton IGNORED THREE Terrorist attacks on Americans. Including an attack on the WTC! Damn, what a president! Let them bomb us, we will shoot a missile at their desert then give up.

Great president. Lets fail to get anything meaningful passed. What a president.

The fact of the matter is this: Bill Clinton was a lame duck in office. He presided over a republican led Congress, and was unable to get any of his liberal agendas passed. Any good that came under the Clinton administration came as a direct result of the Republican led Congress.
    going to war in iraq wasn't exactly retaliation against al qaeda.

Comment

since this is a sin vs. jim thread. i'll leave with this last comment.

when we pulled out of somalia after 19 deaths , it emboldened our enemies.

"the fall of any empire can be traced back to the day it became timid about shedding it's best blood."

our fine soldiers kicked ass in somalia. they fought bravely and with honor. unfortunately their political leaders made all their sacrifice and victory seem like a defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        since this is a sin vs. jim thread. i'll leave with this last comment.

when we pulled out of somalia after 19 deaths , it emboldened our enemies.

"the fall of any empire can be traced back to the day it became timid about shedding it's best blood."

our fine soldiers kicked ass in somalia. they fought bravely and with honor. unfortunately their political leaders made all their sacrifice and victory seem like a defeat.
        Well said.

Comment

Its amazing how people ignore this stuff. The facts are there. They simply refuse to look at them. Like how Bush's Tax Cuts resulted in the highest ever federal revenue.

You keep blowing smoke about federal revenue, when everyone who pays bills knows that the economy is in the worst shape it has been in 30 years. States and cities are going broke, and gas prices have skyrocketed during a corrupt and feeble president's administration. Who is benefiting from all of this supposed revenue anyway, besides Haliburton and other Bush cronies with fat government contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmywire99 View Post
            You keep blowing smoke about federal revenue, when everyone who pays bills knows that the economy is in the worst shape it has been in 30 years. States and cities are going broke, and gas prices have skyrocketed during a corrupt and feeble president's administration. Who is benefiting from all of this supposed revenue anyway, besides Haliburton and other Bush cronies with fat government contracts?
            Actually, the economy was in MUCH worse shape in 2001 when the internet bubble burst. That caught everyone by surprise. People lost all their money overnight. This is a predictable economic downturn.

If you think it has anything to do with who is in office, you are ****ing ******ed.

The President has jack **** to do with the economy, as much as they would like you to believe. They only claim credit when the going is good.

The truth is the economy is at best marginally effected by who is in office.

This whole idea that all these fat cronies are getting fatter is so absurd.

If I was to take a poll of who now has a flat screen TV that didn't before Bush came in office, I would get overwhelming results.

EVERYONE is better off today than they were 8 years ago. It has **** all to do with who was in office and everything to do with the fact that America is the most productive and prosperous nation of workaholics on the planet.

So instead of bitching about other people having more money than you, why don't you go out and get your slice of the pie?

The notion of capitalism precludes the government having large influence over the economy. The housing "crisis" which is nothing close the the real estate burst of the 80's has everything to do with lack of foresight by multinational banks, and nothing to do with the government.

Take a look around buddy. There is a GLOBAL economic slowdown in progress. It is so incredibly naive to think that who we elect president will have any effect on the global economy.

It wont. Governments and politicians like to give the impression that they are in control, but the reason every government always appears to be ****ing up is because they have no control.

Even ****ing communist Russia couldn't control their economy. THEIR WHOLE ****ING GOVERNMENT WAS BASED AROUND DOING JUST THAT!

All government can really do is gum up the works.

This is why I am dumbfounded that people vote for people who run on the premise of expanding the size of the government.

Comment

Actually, the economy was in MUCH worse shape in 2001 when the internet bubble burst. That caught everyone by surprise. People lost all their money overnight. This is a predictable economic downturn.

If you think it has anything to do with who is in office, you are ****ing ******ed.

The President has jack **** to do with the economy, as much as they would like you to believe. They only claim credit when the going is good.

The truth is the economy is at best marginally effected by who is in office.

This whole idea that all these fat cronies are getting fatter is so absurd.

If I was to take a poll of who now has a flat screen TV that didn't before Bush came in office, I would get overwhelming results.

EVERYONE is better off today than they were 8 years ago. It has **** all to do with who was in office and everything to do with the fact that America is the most productive and prosperous nation of workaholics on the planet.

So instead of bitching about other people having more money than you, why don't you go out and get your slice of the pie?

The notion of capitalism precludes the government having large influence over the economy. The housing "crisis" which is nothing close the the real estate burst of the 80's has everything to do with lack of foresight by multinational banks, and nothing to do with the government.

Take a look around buddy. There is a GLOBAL economic slowdown in progress. It is so incredibly naive to think that who we elect president will have any effect on the global economy.

It wont. Governments and politicians like to give the impression that they are in control, but the reason every government always appears to be ****ing up is because they have no control.

Even ****ing communist Russia couldn't control their economy. THEIR WHOLE ****ING GOVERNMENT WAS BASED AROUND DOING JUST THAT!

All government can really do is gum up the works.

This is why I am dumbfounded that people vote for people who run on the premise of expanding the size of the government.

The flat screen TV comment is just one indication of what a horses ass you are. Like that has nothing to do with how many more are manufactured now and how much the prices have dropped. You give Bush credit for that, yet you won't blame the bad ecomony on the president who invented a war to spend trillions on. I'm really going to try not to waste my time responding to your ridiculously biased spins anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmywire99 View Post
                The flat screen TV comment is just one indication of what a horses ass you are. Like that has nothing to do with how many more are manufactured now and how much the prices have dropped. You give Bush credit for that, yet you won't blame the bad ecomony on the president who invented a war to spend trillions on. I'm really going to try not to waste my time responding to your ridiculously biased spins anymore.
                Thanks for proving my point. Your standard of living went up as a direct result of the corporate fat cats you despise.

The things you could not afford 8 years ago are now within your grasp. You are better off. Everyone is better off. There is no way around it.

****, you can even get a Honda that is as luxurious as a Mercedes was 8 years ago.

Did you miss the point where I said who is in office as almost NOTHING to do with how well the economy is performing?

You act like Bush is standing outside stores with a machine gun forcing customers not to shop.
                Last edited by !! Shawn; 08-28-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

At the results of this poll. To get an indication of what kind of President Ronald Reagan was, when he ran for reelection at the age of 73, he won 49 states. The 10 that voted for Clinton, either weren't around, are trying to rewrite (or are ignorant of) history, or simply have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Neither should need any introduction. Who was the better President?
                    Hmm wonder who 99.9% of republicans are gonna vote for

Comment

This poll should be titled:

Do you vote Democratic or Republican.... because that's what the results will show. You could ask who was the better president between George W. Bush and Clinton and there'd still be some to vote for W...

Comment

Working...
                      X