Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steiglitz vs Groves Clash on May 5th in Erfurt, Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steiglitz vs Groves Clash on May 5th in Erfurt, Germany

According to the World Boxing Organization, WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (41-2, 23KOs) will make a mandatory defense against British titleholder George Groves (14-0, 11KOs) on May 5th in Erfurt, Germany. The event will be promoted by Sauerland Event and SES Boxing. Last month in in Budapest, SES submitted around $800,000 to secure the promotional rights to the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, had a feeling it was going to be made official soon.

From what little I have seen of Stieglitz he seems a capable boxer and has a nice left hook. He seems to just cover up and invite the pressure when he is hurt and both of his losses come via stoppage.

Groves is a good boxer who uses the jab well and possesses a decent amount of power, 11 stoppages in 14 victories. He moves around the ring well and hits from angles but leaves himself open far too frequently.

I believe Groves is good enough to outbox Stieglitz and as long as he isn't caught with a big shot, should become a world champion.

Comment

Erfurt? Oh well was gonna make the journey there.

Comment

Im definitely up for this one, Groves is taking a good step up here and deserves credit IMO. Should be a competitive fight

Comment

I think Groves is underrated and will prove himself here.

What a night:-

Groves Stieglitz
          Huck Afolabi
          Dimitrienko Pulev
          Mayweather Cotto
          Canelo Mosley

Comment

Anyone else feel he might stop Steiglitz?

Comment

I'm not liking this one bit. Groves is still too Green. He'll lost, mark my words. With only 14 fights, he needs at least 2 or 3 fights at domestic level before he's ready to take on a World Champion. Honestly, if you ask me - he should rematch Degale and then fight Brian Magee.

Degale deserves a rematch and if Groves proves us wrong in that fight once again, Magee is the perfect fight for him at this point to test whether he's ready for World Level.

Comment

I think it's too much, too soon., especially on foreign soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                  Anyone else feel he might stop Steiglitz?
                  He might well do, I hope he does, but Groves getting buzzed by Smith so early in their fight and ask hurt by Anderson leaves it a bit more open.

Comment

I'm surprised Groves is taking this fight, considering he's only had 14 fights and it's not really in Frank Warren or Booth's nature to take a big risk like this but fair play to them.

I think Groves will have to win via KO though and he's definitely got the power to do so. He'll have to keep fighting smart though because he does have a tendency to see the red mist when he gets tagged.

Love how he's out-doing Degale though haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X