No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

We could be one step away from a big pay-per-view showdown between junior middleweight champions Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The two fighters are slated to return on the same date, May 4th, but in separate fights at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Schaefer said Mayweather vs Mosley would do 3 million ppv sales so i take any of his ppv sale comments with a pinch of salt.

Comment

So Guerrero beats a suspect Berto and now he's a super threat? Berto has been fundamentally wrong all his career and has came minutes within getting exposed many times before Ortiz then Ruiz so whats the big deal? The Floyd we see now coming down from 154 will KO Guerrero, you read it here!!!

Comment

Possible Boxing "playoffs" May 4. Mayweather-Guerrero and Canelo-Trout. Then winners face each other. That's what I'd like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
          So Guerrero beats a suspect Berto and now he's a super threat? Berto has been fundamentally wrong all his career and has came minutes within getting exposed many times before Ortiz then Ruiz so whats the big deal? The Floyd we see now coming down from 154 will KO Guerrero, you read it here!!!
          i dunno know about super threat but he's the most legit fight at ww for floyd right now ..thats why people hate on floyd coz he waits until the "super threat" losses and fights the #1 on paper threat

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
            If Guerrero is able to use the infighting style he used against Berto, and the ref allows it (instead of breaking them up throughout the fight), then Mayweather might have his hands full. That shoulder-roll won’t work for Floyd if Guerrero has his body against his—up against the ropes—and he’s banging away at the head and body continuously.

Comment

2-2.5??? Doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                i dunno know about super threat but he's the most legit fight at ww for floyd right now ..thats why people hate on floyd coz he waits until the "super threat" losses and fights the #1 on paper threat

The best fight @ 147 for Floyd is Marquez 2 or Bradley. The Ghost brings nothing to the table which we'll find out as soon as Floyd stops him cause a fighter coming at Floyd face first will be a guaranteed stoppage. I would love to see the ghost verses Lopez or Ortiz then maybe a fight against the Alexander/Brook winner then a fight against Floyd makes great sense but right now the hype will die quick because Guerrero get's stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
                  If Guerrero is able to use the infighting style he used against Berto, and the ref allows it (instead of breaking them up throughout the fight), then Mayweather might have his hands full. That shoulder-roll won’t work for Floyd if Guerrero has his body against his—up against the ropes—and he’s banging away at the head and body continuously.

Guerrero is a smaller, slower, weaker Ortiz!!!
                  Last edited by Sugar Q; 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

At the end of the day I doubt this fight breaks any records, The Latino fans are always going to buy PPV fights especially one that involves a Mexican on Cinco de mayo. But I can't see this doing massive numbers but I could be wrong though since Mayweather is now 35 and getting older more people also see him slipping in his last few fights so maybe they are expecting a Mayweather loss soon and maybe this might be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X