No announcement yet.

Sorry but Khan's chin isn't as bad as you're all making out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but Khan's chin isn't as bad as you're all making out

I watched Peterson-Khan yesterday and Maidana-Khan today.

Sorry guys but all the crap on every Khan thread about him having a glass jaw is outright garbage.

Peterson wound up on a lot of those shots. His whole body weight and jumping into them. A glass jaw wouldn't withstand a couple of those let alone all of them.

Maidana literally smashed into Khan's jaw in his best round. Khan wobbled but so would many other guys at 140 and even 147. And he withstood the harder shots Maidana immediately followed up with.

I watched the Garcia-Khan fight just now. Khan had just thrown an uppercut. That's not a good neck position to have to then withstand a perfectly timed and balanced hook which Garcia threw.

It hit Khan in an awkward spot too. It snapped his neck as much as his head and also partially hit the back of his head.

A Maidana or Rios chin would have still been standing but they're iron jawed. That doesn't mean Khan is glass jawed. It was Khan's position, the surprise, the area of impact and perfect timing by Garcia.

Take one of those elements out and Khan might be stunned, but he isn't crawling around and doing a Bambi dance.

The mental damage that KO did will take time to repair. He needs to get confidence in his chin back before getting in the ring with a puncher. But he can get in the ring with a puncher again and win. Because he's not glass jawed.

Better than salitas.

Comment

I agree. Whereas Khan's chin isn't anything to rave and rant about, it's not as bad as everoyne makes it out to be. He was able to withstand a full blown overhand right from Maidana, and he DID get back up after Garcia laid em out... Although I doubt he remembers any of that.

Comment

At a championship level, it's poor. Maidana had him stumbling around for an entire round with the only good shot he landed. Peterson had him running. He's been iced twice.

Against any hard puncher, he will face a serious risk.

Comment

his chin is not his Achilles Heel, his PRO boxing ability is...

Comment

As bad as were making it out? He just got knocked out in 4 rounds. What do you want people to say?

Its clear against a fighter with any hint of power that Khan is in for a long night. Or a short one depending on how you look at it.

Comment

Khan is a talented fast kid, but to deny his chin is made up of glass? it will be detrimental not only to his career but to his health as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                his chin is not his Achilles Heel, his PRO boxing ability is...
                The truth! i mean who loads up on a uppercut without setting it up! lol man Roach is just that bro and tough him jack ***** about tech.

Comment

Yea and Roy Jones chin is aint glass either

Comment

It's bad but his poor defense makes things worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X