No announcement yet.

Does anyone else find it ironic...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else find it ironic...?

That approx one week after everyone screamed "boxing is dead" for Pac-Bradley HBO goes on to pull in their highest rating for boxing in the last few years with Chavez Jr vs Lee?

I used to joke that boxing feeds on hate but it really does seem that way when we see things like this. Hell even after the Ortiz-Mayweather fiasco he goes ahead and pulls in his second highest PPV numbers to date right after.
    Last edited by croz; 06-29-2012, 06:46 AM.

Originally posted by croz View Post
    That approx one week after everyone was screaming "boxing is dead" after Pac-Bradley HBO goes on to pull in their highest rating for boxing in the last few years with Chavez Jr vs Lee? I used to joke that boxing feeds on hate but it really does seem that way when we see things like this. Hell even after the Ortiz-Mayweather fiasco he goes ahead and pulls in his second highest PPV numbers to date right after.
    I see it as people came to their senses. Bradley-Pacquiao wasn't a robbery and Ortiz deserved to get put out like that.

Comment

Yeah it's crazy. No one could have scripted that ****......well besides Bob Arum.

Comment

And it was pretty good fight too, so was Ortiz/Lopez.

Comment

Not at all. There are some things that fans should get through their head. Ppv boxing usually is not boxing at it's best. But another thing to realize is that most that didn't buy the ppv, are going to tune in the week after to see what the controversy was about.

Comment

not surprised at all Vaca Dinero was fighting

Comment

Working...
            X