No announcement yet.

Would B-Hop done well Against Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would B-Hop done well Against Hagler?

I think despite of Hop's excellent defense, Hagler would have ended him before the final bell. Prime vs Prime BTW. What do you guys think?

I think all you fools with black hankies on your face are too hard-core so therefore I'm afraid to post on your threads...I'm scared

Comment

Originally posted by JDizzle79
      I think all you fools with black hankies on your face are too hard-core so therefore I'm afraid to post on your threads...I'm scared
      you just did. Now talk boxing.

Comment

the answer is yes than...

Comment

I have great respect for B-Hop,and I rank him as a top
          five or ten MW of all-time.But I tend to put Hagler in
          a different league.As great as Hopkins defense was,I
          agree that hagler would have eventually broken through
          it.

Comment

of course he would of had a chance. people often forget about hopkins physical dimensions. he was a 6'1'' 157 pound middleweight. hagler stood at approximately 5'9'' but had extraordinary reach, especially for his size.

hopkins would of done well, but ultimately he would of been stopped. it would be much easier to compare the two if he fought tough perennial challengers like hagler did (mugabi, minter, caveman lee, duran, hearns etc.), but he didn't.

Comment

Hopkins in the mid 1990s

If you take the Hopkins of the mid 1990s, he would have made a great fight out of it, outboxing Hagler from the outside. Hagler wasn't always that impressive against skilled boxers the 1st time that he fought them. He lost to Willie Monroe, Bobby "Boogaloo" Watts, and gave up a draw to Sugar Ray Seales earlier in his career, but destroyed all 3 of those guys in rematches. That's what I think would have happened against Hopkins, a close decision win for Hopkins in their 1st fight and then a knockout win for Hagler in the rematch. Hopkins was better than Boogaloo Watts, Seales or Monroe, and even in the rematch would have been tough. Hagler was a ruthless finisher though, and would have broken through on Bernard in the later rounds in the rematch.

Comment

That's very perceptive to notice Hagler lost the first fights and to slick boxers. Most peple believe Hagler is this invincible machine when he ldropped some close decisions. In most of those fights Hagler started slow and tried to find his range and lost the too many early rounds. Once Hagler found his range he pretty much controls the fight and was why he won his rematchs.

Hagler actually could lose a decision to Hopkins if Hopkins played it safed and boxed and used his reach. Also depends on which Hopkins shows up. Is it the old and crafty Hopkins, the one that attacked the body relentlessly, or the one awesome performance he had against Tito trinidad
                Last edited by ricecrispi; 04-14-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I think B-Hop would have a chance, but I can't see him pulling out a win against a relentless machine like Hagler. Hagler can control from a range with a deadly straight right (remember how bad Taylor's jab hurt Hopkins in their first fight), or he could be a ferocious predator and destroy Hopkins.

Hagler UD 15, or late TKO.

Comment

no way hopkins even survives in hagler's era or even in the 70's. i'd like to see hopkins face the tough contenders that hagler fought, i doubt he'd survive.

Comment

Working...
                    X