Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britain vs US, who invented the best sports and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
    Surprisingly I just found out basketball was invented by a canadian
    correct, the guy the hall of fame is named after

Comment

Football, Boxing, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Golf off the top of the head.

Comment

Actually the first recorded history of ''football'' aka soccer was dated back to China..

Games revolving around the kicking of a ball have been played in many countries throughout history. According to FIFA, the "very earliest form of the game for which there is scientific evidence was an exercise from a military manual dating back to the second and third centuries BC in China", which was known as cuju

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Well of course you'll always win if you only play against yourselves
          I guess you never heard of the Olympics, I'll fill you in.

Every 4 years the world comes together to celebrate the USA dominance of every sport in the world. The end.

Comment

Britain by a long way. Britain invented sport. It did so for spurious reasons (Victorian and Georgian Britain was very much of the opinion that if a young boys' mind were not diverted into the realms of running around playing sports they may engage in salubrious activities such as "shaking hands with the devil" or "growing one's eyebrows that they meet in the middle"), but the British Empire were the first to play team sports as a national pastime and nobody else did until later.

Comment

England's invented most. The Americans just made watchable versions of those inventions !!! Whats funny is a had to blow dust off the memory of England winning a World Cup !!! Its too bad the Yanks will grab one before England and its sad considering they invented the game !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Every 4 years the world comes together to celebrate the USA dominance of every sport in the world. The end.
                What's interesting about watching the Olympics on American TV is that they change their way of calculating the medal standings depending on whether or not the US has won the most golds or has won the most medals overall. Their goal is not accurately reflecting the performance, it is to make it look like America is winning.

Double plus good.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Nothing against the US

But if you got a developed country the size of Europa you'd expect them to win accordingly, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    England's invented most. The Americans just made watchable versions of those inventions !!!
                    What's amazing is that you've just described American Football, basketball and baseball as being "watchable". If they were "watchable" then more people would watch them worldwide.

"Gee yawl, NASCAR is way more watchable than that dagnabbit formeela wun cus it don't have all a those distractin' right turns YEEEEHAAAAW!"

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      What's amazing is that you've just described American Football, basketball and baseball as being "watchable". If they were "watchable" then more people would watch them worldwide.

"Gee yawl, NASCAR is way more watchable than that dagnabbit formeela wun cus it don't have all a those distractin' right turns YEEEEHAAAAW!"

Agreed....Baseball and american football "watchable"

Basketball seems alright but I have no interest in watching it.

Football>>>Baseball and handegg.
                      F1>>>NASCAR

Comment

Working...
                      X