Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
    Yeah, before boxing became a ***** sport where dudes fight 2 times a year max.

SRR's era was a man's era.
    it has nothing to do with being a ***** or being brave.

in his era you fight a lot of fights to make a living.

if they were making the kind of money now , they wouldn't be fighting 100-200 times in their career.

just like how some of the old school guys had like 10-15 fights with the same guy.

there was no tv , so people who didn't get to see the first 10 fights will pay to see the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. riz View Post
      jay jay

in your own words, please explain to me why YOU feel he is the GREATEST BOXER OF ALL TIME
      The man's resume speaks for itself.

The real question would be, what makes you feel that he isn't the Goat?

And don't say because Packy is or I swear to god....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        it has nothing to do with being a ***** or being brave.

in his era you fight a lot of fights to make a living.

if they were making the kind of money now , they wouldn't be fighting 100-200 times in their career.

just like how some of the old school guys had like 10-15 fights with the same guy.

there was no tv , so people who didn't get to see the first 10 fights will pay to see the 11th.
        So do you think there was any fighter better than him?

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          I'm not saying they were all David Diazes. And to be fare I bet Diaz could have given a bunch of them great trouble. However, I'm saying I don't know many of his opponents very well.. I'm really only very familiar with his Basillio and Lamotta bouts. To be fair I'm not claiming to be well versed in SRR history but I'm just saying I have difficulty making such bold assertions about SRR greatness since I just don't know that much. Are there any really good Docs available on him that anyone can suggest? I'd definitely be interested in learning more about it..
          "Brights Lights and dark Shadows" is pretty good that is an HBO doc.

Comment

The man's resume speaks for itself.

The real question would be, what makes you feel that he isn't the Goat?

And don't say because Packy is or I swear to god....
            People seem to forget that in those 100 plus fights, his resume was probably the best name wise after Ali's. SRR is the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              I'm not saying they were all David Diazes. And to be fare I bet Diaz could have given a bunch of them great trouble. However, I'm saying I don't know many of his opponents very well.. I'm really only very familiar with his Basillio and Lamotta bouts. To be fair I'm not claiming to be well versed in SRR history but I'm just saying I have difficulty making such bold assertions about SRR greatness since I just don't know that much. Are there any really good Docs available on him that anyone can suggest? I'd definitely be interested in learning more about it..
              Go to Maxboxing.

Thomas Hauser wrote a great feature on him today.

Comment

Honestly, pink. You were the last person I'd expect to pop in here with *******ation.
                Originally posted by street bully View Post
                He has also fought many great fighters.
                lmao

i have srr #1 and hank #2.

just playing devil's advocate.

there was less competition then than there is now imo. boxing was a less globalized sport.

i know he fought a lot of great fighters but don't make it look like in those 130 fights he was fighting elite level competition all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. riz View Post
                  he's overrated as hell

most people just go by popular opinion and say yeah, he's the GOAT no doubt!

ive seen some of his fights, he looked good. i dont see anything spectacular

but that's just me, of course.
                  yup....joke d ripper is one of those cats who does that ****.......he prolly seen 2 srr fights on youtube and jumped to this conclusion coz it was titled ssr the # 1 atg....

Comment

Honestly, pink. You were the last person I'd expect to pop in here with *******ation.
                    I'm not saying he's NOT the GOAT. Every boxing historian and informed person on the subject seems to be confident he is in fact the GOAT. However, it's impossible for most NSB posters to suggest they have some great wealth of knowledge on the subject of his opposition. My only fear about trusting some of those boxing historians, is a lot of them are really old and have a big affection toward throwback fighters.. Essentially I question their objectivity. But I assume they are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      People seem to forget that in those 100 plus fights, his resume was probably the best name wise after Ali's. SRR is the GOAT.
                      I'm surprised I'm getting resistance on this from the better posters on here.

I was expecting the idiots to pop in.

Comment

Working...
                      X