Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo is Ready To Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Pacquiao, Floyd Junior Will NEVER Come To Terms & Fight Canelo

It's a popular, sexy conversation for Gloyd to be manufacturing. Pacquiao got beat, which is what Junior was hoping for. Junior already beat Marquez, before Marquez had improved to where he is now as a fighter. So if you're all about image control, profiling, then if you're Junior, you smoke and mirror the public, with your grandiose possibility to fight the hottest fighter in Boxing; Canelo. Truth of the matter, Canelo is too youthful, approaching his prime, can knock you out with either hand, and proposes TOO much risk to Floyd Junior's manufactured, hand picked, unbeaten record. If Junior in his prime, was willing to make Mosley & Cotto wait for more than 10 years to fight, when he thought they were no linfer dangerous, and if he's been willing to make Pacquiao wait for more than 4 years for being to primed and dangerous, if he's willing to fight Victor Ortiz on the heels of getting destroyed by Marcos Maidana in 8 rounds, as opposed to fighting Maidana who KO'd Ortiz, for fear Maidana was also too dangerous (all true, factual statements), then why would Floyd Junior take a huge risk with Canelo? He would have made more money fighting Pacquiao than fighting Canelo, and the money didn't convince him to fight Manny, and he still won't. Most felt Oscar Dela Hoya won the fight against Mayweather, really roughed him up, hitting Junior more than he likes, walked away from a $25m rematch with Oscar, for being too risky. Floyd Junior doesn't have the ballz to fight Canelo. Camelo would clearly stalk him down with a brutal body attack, and knock Floyd Junior out. Floyd knows that too. A fight with Canelo AND Pacquiao will "strategically" never happen. Junior needs to grow set.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      What does my post have to do with Pac getting KO'd? LOL. I just don't understand why many floyd fans are against Floyd fighting Canelo yet praise a fight with Guerrero just because Guererro beat Berto. A Floyd/Canelo fight is the biggest fight that can be made for him. Didn't ellerbe just say that Floyd only wants the biggest possible fights for next year? Well there u go!
      You are overexaggerating the number of floyd fans that are against Floyd fighting Canelo yet praise a fight with Guerrero just because Guererro beat Berto because it suits your agenda. Yes there are a couple but most would prefer Canelo over Ghost.

Comment

silly fight and easy pay day for floyd but i would like to see cotto take this guy on, hes done well lately granted but cotto has a bit to prove and can get a belt and a new name on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
          I don't know how many fights Mayweather has left in him, by his own admission not more than 2 or 3 maximum (if I remember correctly).

That said, I don't understand what Canelo has done to be considered this dangerous.
          The only possible way for Canelo to defeat Floyd is fighting a shot Floyd, IMO.
          Canelo is slow, but he can punch. He's s a 1-3, 1-2-3 fighter. He either jabs and comes back with left hook to the body, or he jabs, throws a probing right and then comes back to the body.

If he catches Floyd on the ropes, he could do serious damage if he can land punches. That's the key, can he land punches?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Perhaps it's you who should get over Pacquaio's loss because from what i've seen he didn't mention him you did. It's his belt that'll be the center piece of this fight so he's entitled to comment. All I see is Canelo hasn't done anything to make him worthy of a floyd fight..yet Canelo to this point has done more than Ortiz has and Ortiz got validated by many on here as a decent opponent "Oh he's young and in his prime", "he's a belt holder", "he's beaten a top ten fighter"..well Canelo has pretty much the same exact acumen except he's the bigger man. I ironically only see ppl having an issue with Mayweather and Pacquaio fans having an issue when they are due to face bigger men. This by no means is a guarantee win for Floyd as most have become acustomed and that I think that frightens the living shhh out of the casuals who only like him because of his undefeated record.
            I can asure you that no matter who floyd faces his fans are going to assume he will win.

We agree on Canelo. He is only getting the fight because he has a fanbase that will support him in such a way that a fight between him and floyd could outsell Cotto-floyd.

People who think floyd will automatically win do so because they think he is the best. The casual fans also don't come on NSB to knock any opponent floyd fights, which is the standard here. Canelo-hasn't earned it, Ghost-too small, Sergio-either floyd is scared or sergio would be "drained" at 154, etc etc. They just like watching him fight.

Comment

If Guerrero and Canelo are his only 2 options then it makes sense to fight Guerrero first and then Canelo in September. Canelo can fight a legit opponent (unlikely) on May 4th and September will be Floyd's retirement fight. I don't mind this.

Just a few months ago, Manny and Floyd fans were saying Canelo doesn't deserve to fight Floyd. Yall said the same thing about Guerrero. But both have shown interest in the fight, calling Floyd out. But for some reason, FLoyd was instantly ducking both of them because he wasn't speaking publically. Now that its been announced that he in fact will be fighting....people still aren't satisfied.

Comment

Floyd won't be fighting Canelo. You can bank on it!

Comment

Yes, yes of course he is. I mean look what ginger did to the great Josesito Lopez. A 140lber who ginger destroyed 2 weight classes north of his most effective weight. If that didn't prove the greatness of ginger, what will??

I mean the beating ginger handed Lopez is even greater than the brutal, stunning ko that the lowly Marquez handed Pacman. All Marquez did was meet the great Pacman in his weightclass. It's nothing compared to what ginger has done. ginger has 135-147 scared to death!!

Comment

floyd dont want none of the young lion in canelo. He O would go after that fight

Comment

no, not technically good enough..boxing brain would have to be as good if not better to beat floyd.
                      floyd by easy decision.
                      the other geezer has no chance either.#
                      gurreuero i think his name is..
                      anyway, alvarez manager doing a freddie here..looking to gain an advantage in weight before the offing.

Comment

Working...
                      X