Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You be the judge: Did Vitali Klitschko try to kick Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks that way, but I can't remember Vitali ever doing anything like that before or since. Pretty surprising if it was an intentional kick.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
      The kick looked quick and mean to me. I dunno man, I think any ref worth his salt would have cause to immediately DQ a boxer who just kicked another boxer in the HEAD!!

You would really have DQ'd Vitali for that? I was at the Staples Center that night and there would have been a riot. It was a meaningless reaction that didn't cause one bit of damage. Lewis was so upset about it that he helped Vitali back to his feet.
      Last edited by Scott9945; 08-11-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Seems like it was a 'get off me' kind of kick.. Real classy of Lennox to help him up tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          You would really have DQ'd Vitali for that? I was at the Staple Center that night and there would have been a riot. It was a meaningless reaction that didn't cause one bit of damage. Lewis was so upset about it that he helped Vitali back to his feet.
          Maybe Lewis didn't notice?

And yes, if that kick lands, I'd have no choice but to DQ for something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
            Maybe Lewis didn't notice?

And yes, if that kick lands, I'd have no choice but to DQ for something like that.
            Well if the kick had actually jolted Lennox's head then it would be a different story. Then you would have to determine whether the kick was malicious or just the involuntary physical reaction of someone surprised to be on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Well if the kick had actually jolted Lennox's head then it would be a different story. Then you would have to determine whether the kick was malicious or just the involuntary physical reaction of someone surprised to be on his back.
              Hit or miss, I never saw that as "the involuntary physical reaction of someone surprised to be on his back", rather I saw it as the frustrated, angry actions of a fighter who lost his composure for split second and was lucky he didn't do any damage.

Comment

Yes he did, and Lennox was very classy in offering him a hand to get up.

Vitali is a hothead, what would you expect?

Comment

It probably was. Vitali Klitschko used to be a total ******* especially that night. They should have put him in a straight jacket after the fight was stopped, what a lack of class he showed.

Luckily he is now one of the finest human beings in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    Yes he did, and Lennox was very classy in offering him a hand to get up.

Vitali is a hothead, what would you expect?
                    Agree, and he was a TOTAL hothead after the fight as well, I thought he was gonna go over and attack Lewis the way he was going around the ring carrying on, screaming and moaning like was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                      It probably was. Vitali Klitschko used to be a total ******* especially that night. They should have put him in a straight jacket after the fight was stopped, what a lack of class he showed.

Luckily he is now one of the finest human beings in the sport.
                      Agree here also, he was very classy when I asked him about Lewis during a media conference call in the buildup to the Solis fight. Lewis was on that call as well and he was classy too, but a little more reserved in being willing to give the kind of praise that Vitali had just given to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X