No announcement yet.

Boxing Is Far Superior To MMA in Real Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Is Far Superior To MMA in Real Fights

Boxing is such a superior skill in real fights. There are two types of fights that happen outside of the sporting ring...there are the gentlemanly fights/group fights and the fight for your life type fight. In neither one is mma practical, but boxing skills are practical in both.

1. In the gentlemanly/group fights, I am talking about the type of fights you see in basketball, rugby, football, hockey etc...or the type of fights that happen between two guys at a bar, ususally with one maybe slightly unsuspecting. In these fights MMA is impractical. In group fights that you see a lot in sporting events, taking someone down and wearing them out for 4 minutes and then choking them/kicking someone is impractical and totally useless. YOu dont want to take someone down because while youre choking them, theyre friend is going to come by and fieldgoal kick your face. If you kick youll look like a complete ***** etc... boxing is pretty much all that is used in those types of fights. In the sucker punch bar fights, reflexes/counterpunching and striking are all that matters. a. someone will break it up if you try that mma stuff and b. if you did try to go to the ground again, chances are someone smashes a beer bottle over your head or while your ground and pounding for 5 minutes the cops come in and you go to jail. A guy like Tyson in a bar fight? 1 hitter quitter...lights out, game over.

2. The other type of fight is the alley type life or death fight. In that type of fight mma stuff might be practical, however, MMA is way too limited. You arent wearing gloves and if you try to arm bar someone or something chances are they use their other hand and rip your nuts off Sonny Chiba style. Also last thing you want to do is be wrestling on the ground with a guy in a fight like that...way too likely they have a knife and gut your sides. If Im in a fight for my life and I know the other is un armed, im throwing punches and if it gets to the ground im ripping ears, gouging eyes, and doing anything...mma holds wont work and dont include fish hooks.

So in summary the only practical skill in actual fights is boxing.

To slightly elaborate. I played rugby for years. Tons of fights in rugby. Never once did I see anyone go for an armbar or a hold or any of that gay stuff. They would have gotten cleated. Hell if someone on my team woulda done that I probably would have cleated them.

Comment

I think MMA is superior because they know several forms of martial art including boxing while a boxer only knows how to box.

Comment

Doesn't that depend on where you live? Because over here people just throw the hands.

Comment

mma=mixed martial arts..you can do a variety of things...whoever trains the best wins..plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Doesn't that depend on where you live? Because over here people just throw the hands.
            Same where Im from. Ive been in a lot of fights and boxing and standing stuff is all that matters, if fights go to the ground then the fight is either over or you enter that "fight for survival" which MMA'ers dont train for. They dont train for the punch to the groin, gouging eyes, barehanded punches, and for what happens when you bring a guy to the ground who knows they cant tap out.

I dont know where on earth guys come out trying armbars and that nonsense, but where im from if a guy took a guy down and started choking him and there are other people around...all he did was open himself up for a defenseless kick to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
              mma=mixed martial arts..you can do a variety of things...whoever trains the best wins..plain and simple
              How many real fights do you see that last longer than 20 seconds? MMA is about 50% matchups, 40% luck and 10% preparation imo. Obviously a guy with a poor ground game and defense will lose toa guy like Couture, but a guy with good striking and defense will kill him. Its all that type of matchup and then the luck that a guy can have with a one hitter or a guy falling down etc...

Comment

Comment

tonight I've realised how much some boxing fans are insecure, thats sad

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X