Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are The Pillow Punchers of Boxing Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a heavyweight called Zuri Lawrence who has a lot of wins without a single KO.

Comment

Nathan Cleverly.

Comment

Miguel Vasquez, Carlos Molina, and Paul Mailignaggi are the most feathered fisted fighters in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          Miguel Vasquez, Carlos Molina, and Paul Mailignaggi are the most feathered fisted fighters in boxing today.
          Which Carlos Molina?!?

Comment

Definitely Paulie and Devon. Both are super feather fisted. I don't really agree with Dawson, I just think he doesn't get enough KO's because of his mentality - he lacks killer instinct and the will to finish fights.

I respect guys like Pauli and Devon that can win without having power but I can't stand watching them, it is too boring when you can be pretty certain they can't hurt their opponent very much.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Which Carlos Molina?!?
              The one who fights at 154, he fought Kirkland and Lara. I hate the way he fights and he cant punch for ****t.. LMAO

Comment

Yea Molina (154) for sure, he doesn't have that many fights so his percentage is not terrible yet but I can't see him getting any stoppages as he fights at a higher level.

Abril is another guy like that.

Diego Magdelano is another one, but he fights in more of a flurrying style as opposed to sitting down on his shots. When he does sit down he does seem to have some pop, but he only rarely does that

Comment

Good list cant disagree with it

Comment

considering paulies so feather fisted. cano and senchenkos faces didnt look to clever after there bouts with him

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      poor list. a fighters style has alot to do with the amount of KOs he score, its not just about power.

look at margarito, hes not a good puncher at all but bcuz of his style he has alot of KOs. the pace and pressure scores his KO. then you have a guy like hopkins who isnt a big puncher but has above average power but seldom scores KOs bcuz of his safety first style and unwillingness to take risks.

dawson has better than average power too, the reason he doesnt have more KOs is his defensive style and mindset. when dawson is in control he takes his foot off the gas rather than go for the knockout. but there isnt a single fighter he fought who didnt respect for dawsons power.

alexanders power isnt bad either, granted some fighters showed no effect taking his shots but he did knock out urango who is nothing if not durable. i think devon can punch a bit but tends not to sit down on his punches for the most part. rather throw 5-6 quick and flashy punches than 3-4 hard ones.
                      margarito's recipe for winning is his power and intensity, granted he doesn't have much defense and footwork, but had a monster chin and stamina to make for his short comings. safety first boxers may lead to the catchy phrase boxer beats brawler but without power, it does not make it a decisive win in the eyes of many.

Comment

Working...
                      X