No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burns-Katsidis Winner To Get Juan Manuel Marquez Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burns-Katsidis Winner To Get Juan Manuel Marquez Shot

The winner of the lightweight battle between Ricky Burns and Michael Katsidis, will fall in line for a shot at WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez. The sanctioning body issued a ruling at their annual convention in Puerto Rico, that Marquez would have to face the Burns-Katsidis.

[Click Here To Read More]

if marquez were to beat manny,he should still go back to lightweight,or maybe try his luck at 140 against morales..but if katsidis beats burns,i wouldn't want to see marquez face him again so he should just abandon the wbo belt and just fight as wba champ

Comment

the winner of this should fight bam bam

Comment

I hope Marquez instead goes to Junior Welterweight and make a fight with Erik Morales.

Also, Michael Katsidis can become a full champion if he gets pass Burns.

Comment

marquez ain't going back to lightweight to retread old ground. . . if he loses to manny i bet arum will set up a fight with him and tim bradley. . . or marquez fights morales @ 140.

as much as i want to see katz get that world strap, i hate it when fighters become champs by "default" such as fighter vacating the strap . . .

I want a rios/katsidis fight too!

Comment

if you think about it, marquez lw reign aint really all that good.

Comment

what a joke

they keep recycling that bum Katsidis

Comment

Originally posted by Tulisanto View Post
                if you think about it, marquez lw reign aint really all that good.
                true

he beat the 2 best lightweights when he arrived in the division, but they were both either old or not that good

Comment

i thought katsidis was at 140 now? i think him and jmm should both try it out at 140 after their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    the winner of this should fight bam bam
                    This.

Katsidis-Rios would be a war !!

Comment

Working...
                    X