Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did Dwight Qawi Achieve So Much In The Sport, When Starting At Such A Late Age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did Dwight Qawi Achieve So Much In The Sport, When Starting At Such A Late Age?

I just find it amazing. How much Qawi acheived, when starting at such a late age (25).

He had no amatuer bouts, and started learining boxing while in jail. But goes on to become a Hall Of Famer, and two weight world champion and make alot of $$$.

Most great fighters start at a young age, and by 25 are have been boxing for a good number of years.

Thoughts?

Some people are just born with certain natural talents that don't go away, Qawi was born a boxer.

Comment

what is it that you say he has achieved,he basically fought stiffs and when he fought a boxer of caliber he got walloped,

Comment

Like someone already said, some fighters just have that natural talent. He also had a very good chin.

He really sets an example for people who want to start boxing but think it's too late.

Comment

I am also amazed at how well dwight did, after only been in a pro gym a couple of months he was sparring and going to war with bennie brisco! thats unreal, after only a couple of months training

Comment

Qawi had defensive skills they don't teach now. Amazing when you consider he was shorter in height than Sugar Ray Leonard!

Comment

I have only seen his fights with Holyfield*2 and Spinks. What were his best wins?

Comment

Working...
              X