No announcement yet.

Emergency help from the lounge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency help from the lounge

My girl wanted salmon kabobs but at the deli they didn't have any made so she bought a thing of salmon.. Got home, looked at it,looks fine but when we went to chop it up for kabobs, the bottom side still has the fish skin on it.. What should I do, how do u get the skin off, how to you cook it with the skin on one side.. Preferable would like the skin off,,, tried peeling it off but seems like a lost cause.. Can the lounge help a dude out

The skin is fine to eat and the best for you. Eat it.

Comment

get a filet knife and slice it off or just cube them up throw on the terryaki sauce and grill the skin cooks off alot of the time if not just eat it ..

edit: and since you sound like a damm rookie if you are planning on grilling brush on some oil or it will stick

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
          get a filet knife and slice it off or just cube them up throw on the terryaki sauce and grill the skin cooks off alot of the time if not just eat it ..

edit: and since you sound like a damm rookie if you are planning on grilling brush on some oil or it will stick
          **** off if you think I'm a rookie,,, what the **** would you know about salmon, this isn't chorizo

J/k

Comment

Throw it out and go to Maccas.

Comment

Grab your sharpest knife and cut down on the tail end or narrow end.

Don't cut all the way through. stop when you reach the skin.

Grab a clean dish towel and grab the small cut end (skin) and glide your knife through your cut of salmon (knife pointed slightlyupwards) while pulling back on skin.

Skin removed !

Cut up some pieces of bell pepper and onions in 2 in. pieces.

Salmon through skewer followed by pepper then salmon then onion.

Season 2 taste (marinade or lemon pepper seasoning)

There you have it !

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                Grab your sharpest knife and cut down on the tail end or narrow end.

Don't cut all the way through. stop when you reach the skin.

Grab a clean dish towel and grab the small cut end (skin) and glide your knife through your cut of salmon (knife pointed slightlyupwards) while pulling back on skin.

Skin removed !

Cut up some pieces of bell pepper and onions in 2 in. pieces.

Salmon through skewer followed by pepper then salmon then onion.

Season 2 taste (marinade or lemon pepper seasoning)

There you have it !
                Thanks,that what i did

Comment

i'm probably too late to help.

you eat the skin of most of the fish you eat. all that you remove is the scales. they're almost surely already removed for you, but you'll know if they are not.

source:
                  me
                  i grew up on the water, and i kill and fillet fish myself. i sleep on the ground. i'm dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i'm probably too late to help.

you eat the skin of most of the fish you eat. all that you remove is the scales. they're almost surely already removed for you, but you'll know if they are not.

source:
                    me
                    i grew up on the water, and i kill and fillet fish myself. i sleep on the ground. i'm dangerous.
                    don't believe this guy.. this guy claims to be "steak expert" yet never eaten a top sirloin in his life.. look at his post again.. i kill and fillet fish myself.. gtfo here

Comment

Working...
                    X