Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones had fought Nigel Benn and Eubank in 1994 -95?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    The disrespect given to Benn and Eubank is pretty disgusting really, both would be at least competetive with Jones, who never took the toughest challenges throughout his career.
    Pretty dumb considering he fought better opposition than they did, including the best in that division.

Benn is tailor made for Jones. Wild defense and aggressive. Jones had the best defense in the sport and could KO you with either hand. I could see a nice, short left hook finishing the job early.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      The disrespect given to Benn and Eubank is pretty disgusting really, both would be at least competetive with Jones, who never took the toughest challenges throughout his career.
      He beat B-Hop and dominated James Toney.

Two ATG fighters. Both better than anyone Eubank or Benn ever faced, let alone beat.

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      Jones beats them both but both would be interesting fights, and closer than many think. I think Eubank loses 8-4, and Benn the same with a possible late stoppage for him though.
      I'm going with this.

Comment

TS - On this forum you have to realise that if you ask "Could Roy Jones Jr beat.......?" the answer will always be "YES!!!! Of course! Roy was the GOAT!! OMGGGGGGGG"

People on here are Roy crazy, so your poll results will reflect heart over head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
          TS - On this forum you have to realise that if you ask "Could Roy Jones Jr beat.......?" the answer will always be "YES!!!! Of course! Roy was the GOAT!! OMGGGGGGGG"

People on here are Roy crazy, so your poll results will reflect heart over head.
          We're talking Benn and Eubank - not Robinson and Leonard. Good 168lbers but that's where it ends.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Eubank gives him a tougher time, no question. Quite frankly, I think Jones flattens Benn early and decisions Eubank.
            this^^

eubank would have his moments, it would be a good fight but roy would ultimately win by a significant margin. i think roy could pretty much knock benn out at will, time his headmovement and make him walk onto something. no way benn can cope with that combination of hand speed, precision and timing roy had.

Comment

Slightly off topic but do Benn and Eubank deserve to be in the HOF?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                Slightly off topic but do Benn and Eubank deserve to be in the HOF?
                Yes. and there is no doubt about it.

Comment

Damn. 90%.

Comment

see my sig? that's what eubank would do to roy jones. i don't blame roy for ducking these two explosive punchers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Damn. 90%.

obviously a lot of biased yanks on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X