No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale-Alexander Brand Now Set For March 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale-Alexander Brand Now Set For March 23

London - Hennessy Sports have today announced a replacement opponent for James DeGales MBE after complications with the Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias fight, the Olympic Gold Medallist and WBC number 4 contender will now defend his WBC Silver super middleweight title against Alexander Brand on March 23rd at Glow, Bluewater.

The former WBC Latino champion from Bogota, Colombia is ranked number 10 by the WBC he is also the longest tenured fighter in the history of the Colombian Olympic team and is the only fighter from Colombia with 437 amateur fights. In these 437 amateur fights, he only lost 20 times.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never heard of Brand, but i hope he KO's DeGale. DeGale has developed a bad habit of lying on the ropes and absorbing punishment. Then he states he wants Froch. Did he not watch the Bute fight? Hmmm....

Comment

I'm aware that on this site saying "X doesn't deserve Y" generally means that "I'm OK with X ducking Y", but in this case it doesn't. DeGale is delusional if he thinks that beating Alexander Brand can get him a world title shot. I know it's for the WBC silver belt but come on, the guy fights (badly) in a shopping centre against guys he should be looking like a world-beater against if he wants to entertain the notion of fighting for a world title. Wrong image (he creates less buzz than when he debuted, FFS), wrong promoter (Hennessey only cares about Fury, and rightly so given his stable), just all wrong for DeGale.

Brand also looks very capable, losing a split to Badou Jack is no shame, and he handled Gare very well going by the scores. Not seeing a great future for DeGale, whether it be short, medium or long term.

Comment

Alexander ****ing Brand?!? W...T...F????????
        WHO? Do your job Hennessey, you fat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
          I'm aware that on this site saying "X doesn't deserve Y" generally means that "I'm OK with X ducking Y", but in this case it doesn't. DeGale is delusional if he thinks that beating Alexander Brand can get him a world title shot. I know it's for the WBC silver belt but come on, the guy fights (badly) in a shopping centre against guys he should be looking like a world-beater against if he wants to entertain the notion of fighting for a world title. Wrong image (he creates less buzz than when he debuted, FFS), wrong promoter (Hennessey only cares about Fury, and rightly so given his stable), just all wrong for DeGale.

Brand also looks very capable, losing a split to Badou Jack is no shame, and he handled Gare very well going by the scores. Not seeing a great future for DeGale, whether it be short, medium or long term.
          I disagree, i think Degale is consistently taking tough style matchups that can only benefit him as he moves forward. He still has a lot of kinks to iron out, the laying on the ropes being the most obvious, but also i'd like to see him develop his right hand in both stances as his left is quickly becoming a potent weapon and also his defence could do with tweaking (he seems to react quickly/calmly to punches, but doesnt seem to do basics right). But they are things that can be developed.

This is a good fight against the no.10 ranked WBC (the org that Degale is ranked in) fighter, and they got him on three weeks notice, they could have landed him a bum to knock over.

I think also that people misread his comments recently about Ward/Froch. He said he wants to fight them eventually, he's not calling them out now. Which is what people coming up should be saying tbh.

His development has been slower than maybe people expected but i still think hes going to world level, and depending on whos still around when he gets there he could win a title. From there who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
            Alexander ****ing Brand?!? W...T...F????????
            WHO? Do your job Hennessey, you fat ****.
            They got the WBC no.10 ranked guy on just under 3 weeks notice. Thats not that bad...

Comment

Well he has one loss to Badou Jack and that in itself was a SD. Could be an interesting. With this said, I dont believe rankings, the fact he is number ten is laughable. I could name 20 guys who would beat this Brand dude. We shall see but whilst Channel 5 want to be the ITV of the boxing 80's, they need to be putting there fighters in with names people may know. Can you see Channel 5 with their coverage covering a world title fight for James DeGale. Would a casual fan really believe that DeGale is a 'world class' fighter? Maybe he is, certainly not elite and i never see him unifying a title.

Comment

There should be a Groves-Degale II. I thought Degale won the first fight, and the winner of that should progress to a world title. Probably the WBO title, though obviously the major ones are Ward (WBC, WBA) and Froch (IBF). Neither of them stand a chance against Ward and Froch.

Not really sure who Brand is, if i'm going to be honest. I think Degale has improved, but i'm still unsure as to whether he's going to be a World Champ or not. He has the potential, but i'm just not seeing it. Same with Groves

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  They got the WBC no.10 ranked guy on just under 3 weeks notice. Thats not that bad...
                  Wow they got the #10 ranked WBC fighter who's is realistically ranked in the 100's. Thats pretty bad

Comment

Wake me up when he fights a live body.

Comment

Working...
                    X