No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Says He's in Top Form, Hopes To KO Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Says He's in Top Form, Hopes To KO Salido

According to Juan Manuel Lopez (31-1, 28 KO's), he is 12 or 14 pounds away from the featherweight limit, and says that he is working at full steam for the scheduled rematch on March 10th at the Roberto Clemente Coliseum, when he faces Mexico's Orlando Salido for the WBO's 126-pound title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Beat salido and get the F out of 126! Before you become a stepping stone for donaire. Stop imitating Trinidad in the ring, you have the power but clearly not the chin. I think juanma could be a beast at 135 if he fighrs smart and diciplined, cause right now everyone knows how to beat him.

Comment

Damn this fight is gonna be crazy. If Salido find's himself down on all the scorecard's by the 8th round he's gonna go into beast mode non stop pressure fighting until he get's the knock out. Both of them will hit the canvas this time around.

Comment

Juanma, just need to box like you use to do and fix that crappy defense!!

and like that other poster said, stop trying to imitate Trinidad!!

Comment

"We will box as we were originally supposed to have done..." lol Ay, Dios....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            "We will box as we were originally supposed to have done..." lol Ay, Dios....
            Men I think he needs to fix that crappy defense, but he I think is too into his brawling style that, that seems imposible.

Maybe teaching to do the pee-a-boo defense, would be better at this stage!!

Comment

Why do I keep seeing comments that Juanma should fight smarter when he is clearly not the smarter fighter? In the first fight Juanma actually tried box off the backfoot but Salido matches his footspeed and was able to get to him easily. Sal applied smart pressure, stalking, slipping punches and countering. Salido also neutralized Juanmas left hand, everytime he threw a left lead Salido simply move his head to the right and comeback with right counters yet Juan was toO stupid to realize that and he kept throwing lead lefts.
              Last edited by goblin213; 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

JuanMa is a sucker for an overhand right, and Salido has a damn good one.

I don't see JuanMa sticking to any plan after he eats the first few over hand rights.

Comment

JuanMa, you will not KO Salido you can't, you need to outbox him to beat him. But since you can't do that you're done son.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRa79 View Post
                    Beat salido and get the F out of 126! Before you become a stepping stone for donaire. Stop imitating Trinidad in the ring, you have the power but clearly not the chin. I think juanma could be a beast at 135 if he fighrs smart and diciplined, cause right now everyone knows how to beat him.
                    How, by hitting him on the chin? People have know how to beat him for a while now. It wasn't a surprise to be when Siri beat that ass. Matagwa had him on queer st. Marquez had him hurt, and Marquez was basically fighting with one hand. Also Marquez is small and not as strong at 126. He might be able to take punches a little better at 130 or 135, but I doubt he's a beast. Not as long as Gamboa is around. Gamboa knocks Lopez out at 125-135 IMO, and in a more brutal fashion then Salido.

Comment

Working...
                    X