No announcement yet.

What's the main reason why Bob Arum won't do business with GBP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urrah View Post
    I think greed is definitely a major factor, Arum isn't known for his willingness to co-promote with anyone as it means he has to split the purse.

But the reason I believe he particularly dislikes GB is because Oscar ditched him, causing him to miss out on a lot of potential revenue.

If Floyd gets Mayweather Promotions off the ground when he retires I suspect Arum won't do business with them for the same reason.
    1) Mayweather promotions is not going to do as well as Multi platinum selling Philthy Rich Records

2) bob arum likes keeping fights in house so he can rob his fighters.

3) arum is threatened by GBP's rise and position now so he wants to try and destroy the competition

4) why the fcuk is Floyd wearing pink these days,makes him look more gay then he is

Comment

Arum a ****ing goon. Heard him proclaim Mayweather was the best fighter he has seen in 30 years, and since the break up, nothing but **** talk.

Bitter, powerful, old ass white man. Grudges in this bidness last a loooooong time.

Comment

Keeping things in house. Also the risk factor, if his fighter lost to a golden boy fighter he'd essentially feed his product to a promoters product.

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
          why the fcuk is Floyd wearing pink these days,makes him look more gay then he is
          lol he was wearing pink cause he was supporting a breast cancer charity.

newsday.com/sports/boxing/the-neutral-corner-1.1276167/mayweather-writes-check-for-breast-cancer-1.3465160

Comment

The same reason he dislikes Mayweather, they both went independent and took care of their own promotion. Arum seems to take that personal.

Comment

So I guess everybody here agrees the old man is a scum bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                When GBP, and Top Rank, do business together we get to watch the best fights that we want to see like Hatton vs Pac or Mosley vs Margarito which have been sell out crowds so what's Bob Arum real problem with GBP?
                He wants to keep all the money in house and GBP are the next biggest promoters out there. Keeping the money out of their hands is priority number 2.

Comment

GREED AND CORRUPTION!

I think Arum is FIXING FIGHTS and he is Robbing his fighters! And if he has to open his books and work together with another Promoter, then he will lose out on a lot of money because he won't privately be able to ROB HIS FIGHTERS like he been doing. So when you work in house you can keep everything PRIVATE and your fighters have no say or can have any type of demands (LIKE DRUG TESTING)...

Also Arum like to deal with Push Over Managers like Michael Koncz, they are probably working together behind the sense and robbing the hell out of Pacquiao

He don't want to do business with someone like Al Haymon or Richard Schaefer...because he knows they are no Push Overs and will be on Top of all the Finance for a Major Fight...sure Top Rank and GBP can come together and do a CHEAP Fight...but for Mega Bouts(Alvarez vs Chavez Jr, Mayweather vs Pacquiao)...I don't see them working together anytime soon for a HUGE EVENT!

Comment

GBP blatantly, vehemently, and disturbingly tried to taint the image of Top Rank's biggest money maker in Pacquiao back 2010 with the steroid allegations. Have ya'll forgot about that? Oscar even alleged Pacquiao beating him to steroids, as he referenced Pacquiao's punching power to that of Mosley, and Vargas shortly after having been vehement in making people believe that Pacquiao couldn't punch 4 ****. Even Schaeffer was in on the campaign, as he questioned Pac's legitimacy in the sport. Ya'll forgot this ****? Arum, subsequently proclaimed that he would no longer do bussiness with GBP. However, a little later after the Mayweather fight fell through Arum tried to make the 3rd fight with Marquez, yet Schaeffer was vehement that Pacquiao take OST against any GBP fighter he faced; as schaeffer wanted to please Mayweather. That killed the Marquez fight, as well as pissing Arum off.

I also remember Oscar saying that he wanted to get rid of all the promoters in boxing and dominate boxing like Dana White of the UfC. Evidently, that also pissed Arum off....

Don't expect **** to get better

Comment

You should've allowed us to vote for more than one answer there.

Bob Arum is a cancer on boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X