Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't it have been a TKO loss for Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't it have been a TKO loss for Alexander?

Excuse my ignorance but I was little confused, I thought the fight could only go to the scorecards due to a head butt cut before 4 rounds. Also as we all saw the clash of heads landed on the opposite side of the Alexander's cut, which resulted in Alexander crying to stop the fight even though the cut had happened many rounds ago. Seemed like he flat out quit and should have lost via TKO in my opinion.

I'm confused about that ending.

I don't know enough about nerve damage to the eyes, or anything like that.

Devon didn't make any positive sounds though for whatever reason about wanting to carry on. But maybe he just thought he was winning and wanted to get out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
      I'm confused about that ending.

I don't know enough about nerve damage to the eyes, or anything like that.

Devon didn't make any positive sounds though for whatever reason about wanting to carry on. But maybe he just thought he was winning and wanted to get out of there.
      Yeah it was bizarre

On the bold, you know I know a lot of people share that same opinion as you but to me is was the total opposite. I felt like Alexander knew he was losing and Bradley was slowly taking control of the fight, so Alexander just quit and said to hell with it. I'm sure he wasn't expecting two gifts in a row, it's pretty obvious that Alexander doesn't have a winners mentality.

Comment

if it was caused by a punch its a tko
        if its headbutt and end before the 4th its a technical draw
        if its past the 4th and caused by a butt it goes to scorecard

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
          if it was caused by a punch its a tko
          if its headbutt and end before the 4th its a technical draw
          if its past the 4th and caused by a butt it goes to scorecard
          Agghh, I see now. Thanks for clearing it up, so for example in the Cotto/Clottey fight Cotto could've opted to go to the cards or does the ref make the decision? Cottos cut looked 10x worse than Alexanders, I honestly thought Alexanders cut was nothing.

Comment

The doc didnt stop it because of the first cut over his right eye, it was a slit on the corner of his left eye from a butt that caused a stoppage. It was a hard cut to see, it was very small but it was there. The stoppage was weird, I'm not sure if it was whether Alexander just got completely frustrated or what, but I give every fighter the benefit of the doubt, so only time will tell. But the other cut was nasty though.

Comment

Ahhhh it burns!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Ahhhh it burns!
                Bradleys shampoo clearly got into Alexanders eyes causing his to go blind temporarily should be a DQ.

Comment

You have to go to the cards. Alexander got hit with brutal headbutts. I don't think he should have quit, but it's not his fault Bradley dives in with his head. So he shouldn't be punished for it. If it were a punch it'd be a different story.

Comment

Working...
                  X