No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Guerrero: Cinco De Mayweather Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Guerrero: Cinco De Mayweather Report Card

By Cliff Rold - In recent years, boxing has largely played out in two different stratospheres in the U.S. There is the larger sport, with varied attendance, fight quality, and attention largely paid by devoted fans.

Then there have been Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao pay-per-view events. These have been the weekends where the sport stands still, mainstream press comes back, and the revenue pops off the charts. It remains to be seen, following his knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez last year, how strong the Pacquiao event fever will be for the rest of his career.

Mayweather remains as he has been: the undisputed cash king of boxing. Even as attention seems, in comparison to some of his last few fights, slightly less than the norm, Mayweather remains the main event of boxing.

No Mayweather fight has done less than one million pay-per-view buys in the U.S. since his showdown with Ricky Hatton (though that did close to two million combined with overseas pay-pre-view revenues). His long awaited battle with Miguel Cotto last year ended up the second highest buyrate ever for a non-Heavyweight bout. [Click Here To Read More]

I have a feeling Floyd is going to do the typical and start running all night long and make it a boring fight like Baldomir. I've been wrong before but just know I told you so and Floyd fanatics are going to make it sound like the best fight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I have a feeling Floyd is going to do the typical and start running all night long and make it a boring fight like Baldomir. I've been wrong before but just know I told you so and Floyd fanatics are going to make it sound like the best fight ever.
      Its clear from this post that you dont like boxing, so why do you post here?

Comment

His volume could trouble Floyd, but he's just too easy to hit and Floyd is too accurate. He'll be eating straight rights all night long and he's going to lose wide, probably 10-2 or 9-3, with people thinking that's being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Please do us real fans a favor and help yourself to a bottle of bleach, u filthy c0cksucker. You're spreading too much phaggot around on a man's site with posts like these.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Its clear from this post that you dont like boxing, so why do you post here?
            I don't like boxing because I hate boring fights? Ok

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
            Please do us real fans a favor and help yourself to a bottle of bleach, u filthy c0cksucker. You're spreading too much phaggot around on a man's site with posts like these.

I admitted I've been wrong before yet somehow I'm wrong if I were to be right because I said something about papa Floyd. How funny you're calling it a man's site with a picture of knuckles.

Comment

It say Mayweather hasnt come close to losing since Castillo,but wasnt the fight with Del Ahoya a split Decison? 1 judges' opinion is pretty close to me.
              I also like how they dont even have a ranking posted for Floyd-everyone knows he is the P4P Best 2day in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
                It say Mayweather hasnt come close to losing since Castillo,but wasnt the fight with Del Ahoya a split Decison? 1 judges' opinion is pretty close to me.
                I also like how they dont even have a ranking posted for Floyd-everyone knows he is the P4P Best 2day in boxing
                De La Hoya being a split was just one judge having a bad night.

The ranking line is about division; in this case, Welterweight. Floyd is lineal champ and I don't list ratings for lineal champs. See last weeks report card for the Martinez fight as an example. Fights happen in weight divisions and this is a Welterweight title fight. P4P ratings are cute but they will never be included for anyone in a report card.

So, really, relax...no shot being taken at Floyd there superfan.

Comment

I think it will be a relatively entertaining fight,i'm rooting for the Ghost but i'm realistic about his chances,he is a solid all round fighter but he does nothing spectacular and is very easy to hit,he will have some success early but i feel Floyd will get into his rhythm around the 4th or 5th round and win a comfortable decision,i think the early exchanges will be interesting too watch

Comment

Thanks for that great report, Cliff.

I'm certain The Ghost has a growing following due to his seemingly confident demeanor throughout the entire promotion and will no doubt do his best to show he's worthy of a shot at the throne.

Personally, I think it's a little too early for him to be fighting the best fighter for the title after only two showings at welterweight. But that's opportunity knocking on his door. He'd be foolish to wave it on by.

Comment

Working...
                    X