Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Still Not Convinced Alexander is an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Still Not Convinced Alexander is an Elite Fighter

Last night in St. Louis, Missouri, former junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander carved out one the most impressive performances of his career with a ten-round whitewashing of rugged Argentinean Marcos Maidana on HBO’s airwaves.

[Click Here To Read More]

Of course, he's is an elite fighter. He's headlining and winning on HBO. That maybe nothing to Larry Merchant, but I never did it. Is he the best at 147? Now we can start the arguments.

Comment

he is still developing, but he looked much better than he did against bradley. when he gets to his peak, he could be like a southpaw mel taylor type of guy. hes gotta get more experience

Comment

Well he not

Theres only a handful of elite fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Of course, he's is an elite fighter. He's headlining and winning on HBO. That maybe nothing to Larry Merchant, but I never did it. Is he the best at 147? Now we can start the arguments.
          Alexander an elite fighter? His ass got handed to him by Bradley, that ain't elite.

He's very good, though he admits he's a work in progress still. But he better speed that process up if he's chasing the big money fights at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Well he not

Theres only a handful of elite fighters
            you know what he means though, like worthy of being on HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              He isn't the best at 147. He wasn't the best at 140. No arguments required.

Comment

hes not elite, but neither is khan but most were convinced he was.

Comment

He's not an elite fighter and never will be.

Comment

I haven't seen anybody label him "ELITE" after beating Maidana though so...

It was a Nice win for Alexander and a solid Performance considering it was his first fight at 147, I give credit to both fighters for taking this fight as their 1st Welterweight Fight

The HBO Broadcasting Team was so much better without Merchant Last Night Though lol

Comment

Working...
                    X