No announcement yet.

headaches after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFlyingMan View Post
    I posted something similar before the forums was taken down, so I didn't get to read all the replies...

Pretty much after sparring, I get headaches even though we wear headgear and sparring gloves etc. I wasn't that worried the first time round cos I got hit real good, but yesterday I only took a few glancing glows and had a minor headache...

What does that mean? I think I've got a ****ty chin, so should I stop practicing? Or just hit the bags? I need all my brains about me for my day job, I spar and fight cos I love it, not to make money...as a creative person I need all my cognitive skills!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    I experience the same phenomenon recently. I never felt headaches in my previous sparring sessions and I been hit very hard a couple times but I just walked through those punches, never been knocked down or out ever.

But ever since sparring a heavyweight who caught me with a flush right hand, even minor punches would bother me. Its not a full blown headache, rather its a buzz in the posterior region of my head, a feeling that something isn't right.

anyways I just like to state that I used to have a solid chin, I had good head movement so I don't get hit often, and when punches do connect, it didn't bother me at all. It is only recently that I realized my declining chin/ ability to absorb punishment. Oh well, looks like time for me to hang it up before its too late.

Comment

How's your neck?

Comment

water.............

Comment

Working...
        X