Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    For some reason I think that mess had a lot to do with HBO rejecting Williams vs. Ishida, the opponent Haymon had picked out for that fight and forced Williams vs. Lara instead.
    So, you're saying the robbery was HBO's doing? I've heard that too. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      So, you're saying the robbery was HBO's doing? I've heard that too. Interesting.
      Not HBOs doing. I think Haymon wanted a tune up for Williams after the Martinez KO. Ishida would have been perfect. Coming off an upset KO. Very easy fight for Williams. forced Lara but HBO forced Lara who was an extremely dangerous opponent.

So I think Haymon pulled some strings to protect Williams who was in line for a future payday with Canelo.

Comment

I am dead serious when I say after what, 5 or 6 years that is the first pic I have seen of Al Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          I am dead serious when I say after what, 5 or 6 years that is the first pic I have seen of Al Haymon.
          I see him in the crowds of fights a lot.

Comment

been rockin tha #TEAM HAYMON sig on da east side

all them fools be hating but Haymon knows money, makes big money, and handles the baddest big stars in boxing

Comment

obviously the best manager in boxing, no doubt about it.....

if his fighters were signed to top rank he wouldnt be getting so much negative **** but since most in the boxing media spent time giving hand jobs to bob arum, their agenda is to just try and **** on haymon as much as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                obviously the best manager in boxing, no doubt about it.....

if his fighters were signed to top rank he wouldnt be getting so much negative **** but since most in the boxing media spent time giving hand jobs to bob arum, their agenda is to just try and **** on haymon as much as possible
                Yeah, it's ridiculous. Not even sure where the hate comes from. He gets fighters the most money so what's the problem? And how is he worse than anyone else?

Comment

If I was a boxer I'd want him to manage me

Comment

al haymon is the best! he makes his fighters money so who cares about competitive fights right? i mean this is boxing not an actual sport. manipulating the networks into getting your fighters easy paydays is awesome!

Comment

HBO dates seemingly without question, favorable matchmaking (see Berto/Ramos), more money, tons and tons of exposure.

If I was a boxer, established or up-and-coming, I'd be lucky to be managed by Al Haymon. The smartest and most influential man in boxing.

I only wish he would come slightly more into the public eye so we could find out more about him.

Comment

Working...
                      X