Ring Ratings At Welterweight Are Disgustingly Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Ahh, my bad see what you meant now.
    No prob man.... but it'll be a year plus since he fought at WW with no sign of fighting there since Khan got beat.
    Actually... he might fight Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Pacman is still #1?? Never unifying, only beating 1 realistically ranked champion with stipulations. Arguably losing to Marquez, officially losing to Bradley? Bradley lower than Paulie & Brook, even though Brook has yet to fight on the championship level? LOL, wow.
      clearly the ring isn't recognizing his "loss" to bradley (thus why bradley is only #6 and not top 2).

But with that said I think floyd should clearly be #1 and Pac #2.

Comment

Pacquiao IS number 1 at 151 and 145 lbs though.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          clearly the ring isn't recognizing his "loss" to bradley (thus why bradley is only #6 and not top 2).

But with that said I think floyd should clearly be #1 and Pac #2.
          I understand them not wanting to recognize it, but still doesn't account for Pacman's 2 suspect performances in a row. Didn't mention Floyd cause it goes without saying, automatic so to speak.

Comment

I understand them not wanting to recognize it, but still doesn't account for Pacman's 2 suspect performances in a row. Didn't mention Floyd cause it goes without saying, automatic so to speak.
            I'm just trying to rationalize their logic behind the ratings. Maybe cuz floyd hasn't fought a WW in a long while he's #2, and pac is there by default I guess. All I know is it should be Floyd, then Pac. No one else deserves to be in the top 2, despite pac having two suspect performances in a row (imo he beat bradley clean & clear, nothing suspect about it, JMM different story though).

Comment

Kell Brook ranked 3rd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                I'm just trying to rationalize their logic behind the ratings. Maybe cuz floyd hasn't fought a WW in a long while he's #2, and pac is there by default I guess. All I know is it should be Floyd, then Pac. No one else deserves to be in the top 2, despite pac having two suspect performances in a row (imo he beat bradley clean & clear, nothing suspect about it, JMM different story though).
                I think he beat Bradley too. But the fight was still controversial regardless. But if they are going to apply that logic to Bradley, why won't they apply it to Marquez?? I still don't see how Paulie & Brook can be ranked over Bradley either.

Comment

They're a little bit off, not horrible though...

Comment

I think he beat Bradley too. But the fight was still controversial regardless. But if they are going to apply that logic to Bradley, why won't they apply it to Marquez?? I still don't see how Paulie & Brook can be ranked over Bradley either.
                    well imo, and I'm guessing this is the rings opinion too, but bradley-pac was not a close fight. It was obvious to 99% of everyone that pac should have won. Pac vs JMM was pretty damn close. (For example if we look at the press scoring, boxrec documents 120 scores for pac, 1 for bradley and one draw. Whereas boxrec has 57 scored for JMM and 51 for Pac.)

Comment

01. Mayweather
                      02. Bradley
                      03. Pacquiao
                      04. Malignaggi
                      05. Guerrero
                      06. Berto
                      07. Brook
                      08. Zavec
                      09. Alexander
                      10. Bailey

....in my humble opinion