Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we talking about shelling out money when Canelo hasn't fought on "1", I repeat "1" PPV as the main attraction?

All of his fights where he was the main event have been "FREE".

Unless we're talking about TV ratings or selling out stadiums, Canelo can produce the same numbers he did by fighting Josesito Lopez that he can by fighting any other top 10 JMW.

Like another poster said in this thread, if Canelo is a superstar, he's gonna sell out stadiums regardless of who he fights at 154, so it can't be about the money.

Hell, he sold out the arena against Alphonzo Gomez a few years ago, why can't he do the same thing now?

I'm sorry, I just can't buy into all this business talk. Especially when the guys he's fighting aren't even marketable and have "NEVER" been PPV attractions to begin with. Not even Shane Mosley.

The only one people can make that claim for is Mosley who has been miserable his entire career in PPV sales.

Hell, the only PPV's I remember him being on was against Wright and maybe Vargas which was back in the mid 2000's and those numbers weren't even that great, so I can only imagine what type of PPV attraction Mosley would've been coming off all those bad performances.

No way, shape or form on how you cut it will it add up.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
      Yeah bro..and he insists he is right . ..but there is many ppl in the wold to have tje same taste..ones "understand" why he is ready to go for josesito lopez and no for lara who is the # 1 contender in his own weight and others not ..
      I really don't get it Lara has headlined cards and is a relevant top 5 JMW. How could that be bad for business? If Canelo really is a star then Lara's fan base shouldn't matter and if Canelo is not that big a star and he needs more attention to be able to sell fights on his own then you become a star by beating guys like Lara or Trout... PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Comment

• What's stopping everyone from doing this and using the same tactics Team Canelo/GBP have used?

Since it's all about business, why even call out and entice us with a possible Canelo - Mayweather/Martinez showdown when all they have to do is keep fighting guys like Maidana, Peterson, Berto, Guerrero, ect for multi-million dollar pay days?

Why even risk it? Why not just keep getting millions from fighting a guy like Brandon Rios for the next 5 years or so?

Hell, since it's about the money, Mayweather should fight Aydin for the JMW title. I mean let's face it, Mayweather has a bigger fan base than Canelo and I'm sure a Mayweather-Aydin fight would sell as a PPV regardless.

Everyone should do it. Pac should fight Antonio DeMarco next. That fight will sell also, I guarantee it.

If this is what boxing is about everyone would be doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          What's stopping everyone from doing this and using the same tactics Team Canelo/GBP have used?

Since it's all about business, why even call out and entice us with a possible Canelo - Mayweather/Martinez showdown when all they have to do is keep fighting guys like Maidana, Peterson, Berto, Guerrero, ect for multi-million dollar pay days?

Why even risk it? Why not just keep getting millions from fighting a guy like Brandon Rios for the next 5 years or so?

Hell, since it's about the money, Mayweather should fight Aydin for the JMW title. I mean let's face it, Mayweather has a bigger fan base than Canelo and I'm sure a Mayweather-Aydin fight would sell as a PPV regardless.

Everyone should do it. Pac should fight Antonio DeMarco next. That fight will sell also, I guarantee it.

Great comment.........

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            Cuauh talking on the real in here.

I don't like it either but that's the way it is.
            We as fans shouldn't accept that..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              What's stopping everyone from doing this and using the same tactics Team Canelo/GBP have used?

Good post. Ridiculous to see fans adopting promoter logic as their own. The fans are the only stakeholders in the sport that stand in the way of it becoming a total farce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Good post. Ridiculous to see fans adopting promoter logic as their own. The fans are the only stakeholders in the sport that stand in the way of it becoming a total farce.
                Yeah right..and all the matchups he mentioned are very possible by the way things are going nowdays..yesterday we had arce vs donaire..

Comment

• Dude drains himself to make 154 at that too and still fighting WWs and LWs Canela is a bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                    Dude drains himself to make 154 at that too and still fighting WWs and LWs Canela is a bum.
                    A very smart bum who is in rush for a payday...

Comment

Working...
                    X