Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greatest Fighter out the UK Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Greatest fighter from the UK ever?

I would say Bob Fitzsimmons followed by Jimmy McLarnin.

There's some controversy surrounding them but they were both born in the UK.

lol, controversy.

canadians claim mclarnin and kiwi's claim fitzsimmons.

the rhode islanders try and claim cotto,

Comment

Jimmy Wilde, Lennox Lewis, Joe Calzaghe, Ted "Kid" Lewis, Bob Fitzsimmons, Ken Buchanan, Freddie Welsh, Jim Driscoll, Jackie Berg, Benny Lynch.

The Majority are real old time, Jimmy Wilde is my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        A newb with the name 'TheRealBanStick'

Hm...

the best are the guys who "joined" earlier in the month with 500 posts.

i'm convinced that it's the same five or ten banned nut cases, making the rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          anyone who mentions Calzaghe or prince hamed should get automatic ban IMO
          Hamed I understand and Hatton. Good but not Great but Calzaghe while his resume could be much better still has a great name such as Hopkins on it (even at 40 Hopkins is incredible.)

He has good borderline elite guys like Kessler/Eubank and then "world champions" like Lacy, Brewer, Mitchellm, Veit, Bika, Sheika.

Not bad at all. Not the best british fighter ever but damn good and he was undefeated which is a decent credit but not the be all and end all that some Floyd fans think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            anyone who mentions Calzaghe or prince hamed should get automatic ban IMO
            What's wrong with Calzaghe?

Comment

It's been hard to tell just how great British fighters are/were/could have been because they seem to just share around the WBO titles and never leave the UK. Which is a damn shame, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                Hamed I understand and Hatton. Good but not Great but Calzaghe while his resume could be much better still has a great name such as Hopkins on it (even at 40 Hopkins is incredible.)
                Hatton has Kostya Tszyu on his resume, which is as good as Hopkins imo.

Only beaten by 1 fighter at 140 ever, an all time great in Pacquiao when past prime and he held a title in the weight class above.

Comment

Lennox Lewis and Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

TheRealBanStick huh?

Clearly not an alt...

Comment

Hatton, Joe and Naz dont belong on the greatest list

Comment

Working...
                      X