Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who played in movies...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Baer was also in The Harder They Fall. As was Jersey Joe Walcott and possibly Pat Chominsky?

'Two Ton' Tony Galento, Abe Simon and Arturo Godoy were all in On The Waterfront.

Ali was in Requiem For A Heavyweight along with Jack Dempsey, Willie Pep and Barney Ross.

Whilst not in the films themselves, Bombardier Billy Wells was for many years the man who stuck the gong at the beginning of J. Arthur Rank films so he's possibly appeared on film more than any other boxer.

Comment

Vito Antefurmo, Ken Norton, Carlos Palomino, Tex Cobb and Mickey Rourke to add a few more.

Comment

Eddie "Animal" Lopez, had a small part in Rocky 2.

Alex Garcia, was in Diggs Town.

I can't remember the name but I remember seeing Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini in a movie.

Comment

The young Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) appears right at the very beginning of "Requiem for a Heavyweight", with Anthony Quinn. It's kind of a cool scene, where you get the point-of-view of Quinn's character, as Clay pounds his face. Later in the movie, Quinn and a date have dinner at Jack Dempsey's restaurant, where the "Manassa Mauler" makes a cameo. There's a bar in the film where all the pugs hang out. I'm pretty sure there are a few old-timers in the one scene, but the only fighter I remember clearly is Willie Pep.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
            Sharon Briggs but I dont remember the move
            Briggs has been in a few movies, but I remember seeing Shannon in "The Wackness", where he plays a drug dealer's bodyguard.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Briggs has been in a few movies, but I remember seeing Shannon in "The Wackness", where he plays a drug dealer's bodyguard.
              Transporter 2

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Vito Antefurmo, Ken Norton, Carlos Palomino, Tex Cobb and Mickey Rourke to add a few more.
                Vito was in "Godfather III". Norton starred in "Mandingo". Cobb had a small role in the Coen brothers' "Raising Arizona", with Nicolas Cage. Where did Carlos Palomino appear?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Transporter 2
                  Briggs is also credited with "Three Days to Vegas" and "Bad Boys II", but I'm trying to stick to movies I've actually seen or have personal knowledge of. lol

Comment

Joe Frazier has a small cameo in Rocky, where Apollo says: "you next Joe, you next!" on the way to the ring.

Didn't a pro play Sonny Liston in Ali. Can't for the life of me remember who it was. Michael Bentt, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Vito was in "Godfather III". Norton starred in "Mandingo". Cobb had a small role in the Coen brothers' "Raising Arizona", with Nicolas Cage. Where did Carlos Palomino appear?
                      I remember him from several television shows, but he's got a lot of films too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0658735/filmoyear

Comment

Working...
                      X