Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather:'' Can Manny pacquiao beat me''? Absolutely not! easywork.so Stfu n fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather:'' Can Manny pacquiao beat me''? Absolutely not! easywork.so Stfu n fight

you dont see sugar ray leonard,sugar ray robinson,roberto duran tommy hearns hagler and so on behaving like maywether.Heck, even Sergio martinez said that he will fight Julio cesar chavez junior with performance enhancing drugs or not. THEN WHY CANT FLOYD DO SO????

and i was leaning towards floyd in this fight for ur info.

Originally posted by Sugar Ram View Post
    you dont see sugar ray leonard,sugar ray robinson,roberto duran tommy hearns hagler and so on behaving like maywether.Heck, even Sergio martinez said that he will fight Julio cesar chavez junior with performance enhancing drugs or not. THEN WHY CANT FLOYD DO SO????

I certainly saw **** like that.

Robinson was a monumental pain in the ass to deal with in negotiations, people around boxing hated him, he pulled out of numerous fights and pissed and worried many promoters. His actions possibly led to his draw with Fullmer which many felt he won.

Leonard demanded things outside the norm of most boxers and often got what he demanded.

It's about leverage. Pacquiao can demand large penalties for his opponent being overweight, Mayweather can demand stricter drug penalties, Leonard can demand a bigger ring, 12 rounds instead of 15, a super-middleweight title fight being at 162, having a light-heavyweight come down to super-middle so the WBC can make the bout for two divisional titles, etc....because they're in the higher position in the sport.

Fighters like Sergio Martinez or Tim Bradley are not fortunate enough to be in this position where if they demanded things like this, the opponents wouldn't just walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
      I certainly saw **** like that.

Robinson was a monumental pain in the ass to deal with in negotiations, people around boxing hated him, he pulled out of numerous fights and pissed and worried many promoters. His actions possibly led to his draw with Fullmer which many felt he won.

Leonard demanded things outside the norm of most boxers and often got what he demanded.

It's about leverage. Pacquiao can demand large penalties for his opponent being overweight, Mayweather can demand stricter drug penalties, Leonard can demand a bigger ring, 12 rounds instead of 15, a super-middleweight title fight being at 162, having a light-heavyweight come down to super-middle so the WBC can make the bout for two divisional titles, etc....because they're in the higher position in the sport.

Fighters like Sergio Martinez or Tim Bradley are not fortunate enough to be in this position where if they demanded things like this, the opponents wouldn't just walk away.
      Word. These damn kids don't know ****. :down:

Comment

That is how boxing works once you reach the apex of the sport you can demand whatever because there is always someone else to fight and get paid maybe not the max ammount but the big stars will always get theirs.

It has always been like that though it is hard to be a boxing fan if you can't live with it, I can undertand bitching about it to a certain degree but it is not some new event.

Comment

If NSB existed back in the day:

Leonard would have been called a ducker in .003 seconds.

Hagler would be criticized for fighting smaller men and would have been called overrated after going the distance with Duran.

Duran fought nobody at LW.

Hearns would be on roids.

Jack Dempsey would be called Plaster Dempsey/avoids black fighters.

Frazier was shot when he fought Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
            If NSB existed back in the day:

Leonard would have been called a ducker in .003 seconds.

Hagler would be criticized for fighting smaller men and would have been called overrated after going the distance with Duran.

Duran fought nobody at LW.

Hearns would be on roids.

Jack Dempsey would be called Plaster Dempsey/avoids black fighters.

Frazier was shot when he fought Foreman
            I would want to see what people would say about Ali or Saint Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Ram View Post

You dont see them running from a drug test , Floyd agreed to everything and Manny dont want a drug test by anybody now ,,, plain and simple fair fight duck ,,,,, Manny always wants special conditions to fight .

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I would want to see what people would say about Ali or Saint Sugar Ray Robinson.
                There'd be a lot of ugly racial arguments regarding Ali.

Comment

Working...
                X