No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Khan vs Maidana, great fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Khan vs Maidana, great fight

Khan boxed the hell out of Maidana but his chin seems like it's so damn high when he punches, I don't agree that the punches Khan took from Maidana proved he has a chin, Maidana was exhausted during the second half of the fight.

I tell you, I am not much of a Khan fan but I will say this dude has an almost Berto type etiquette in which he is not in a sucky/boring fight but almost always entertaining nonetheless.

Comment

The Khan of today does not seem to be as good as the Khan that fought Maidana. In my opinion Khan has gone down hill. After the Maidana fight I though Khan had a good future in boxing. Now I don't think his future in boxing looks very good if he can't regain the form he showed in the Judah and Maidana fights. His fight with Alexander should show where he is at. I think he will lose that fight by KO. If he wins then maybe he will have a good future in boxing but he seems so fragile now.

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
        Khan boxed the hell out of Maidana but his chin seems like it's so damn high when he punches, I don't agree that the punches Khan took from Maidana proved he has a chin, Maidana was exhausted during the second half of the fight.
        I think the body shot maidana too kin the first round took a lot out of him and after that he was not puching at 100% of what he was capable of.

Comment

I think khan was better under Freddie. Hunter is over rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            I don't even know why Khan is with Hunter. Hunter hasn't improved his defense one bit.

Comment

khan clearly won the most rounds but he was a whisker away from being koed at the end. i've always felt maidana deserved a rematch.

Comment

Maidana is a puncher but not a finisher
                if he was more polished, he woulda gotten Khan outta there
                this is the fight that earned Khan his stripes
                he boxed Maidana silly and survived when he got hurt in spots
                thought Maidana was gonna kill him at the time
                it was a competitive fight, but Khan won clearly, no controversy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                  I'll give Hunter the benefit of the doubt to this point, he's undertaking a project in Khan and it's only been two fights.

Khan looked good for most that fight, but he is really lucky Cortez was the ref when that 10th round came.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                    I don't even know why Khan is with Hunter. Hunter hasn't improved his defense one bit.
                    I think he's stopped his offensive output aswell. He looked good vs Peterson and Garcia before he got caught.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I'll give Hunter the benefit of the doubt to this point, he's undertaking a project in Khan and it's only been two fights.

Khan looked good for most that fight, but he is really lucky Cortez was the ref when that 10th round came.
                    I liked the way khan looked before he got with hunter. Yeah it's just two fights but he hasn't improved. He looked better in two loses compared to his two wins vs Molina n Diaz.

Comment

Working...
                    X