Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More dangerous at there best Ricky Hatton or Victor Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More dangerous at there best Ricky Hatton or Victor Ortiz?

Lets say you where a great fighter getting up there in age and had to fight a young hungry dedicated lion. Would it be Ricky Hatton or Victor Ortiz? Assume that you are a defensive wizard who looked to have problems against southpaws in the past early (chop-chop and Zab Judah).

Ricky Hatton pros: ?? fighters mindset, taxing draining style, foot movement, self belief

Victor Ortiz pros: ?? Southpaw stance, crisp short left hands, power, combination punching, size, ??conditioning??

This would be a dream match at 140. However I would have to give a slight edge to Ricky cuz of his non stop style.

Comment

I'd rather fight Ortiz.

Hatton had a much better jab, lateral & head movement & was a very good aggressive body puncher.

Ortiz is much more limited, open & has been exposed that said though southpaws are a real pain in the arse to fight I just think Ricky is the tougher, better fighter & set up his attacks much better. Ortiz IMO is nothing but a head hunter with poor footwork & defence.

Comment

if you wanna fight hatton at his best, you'd have to fight him at 140 lbs

Comment

The things hatton would have done to ortiz in his prime.

Ortiz would have quit, instantly.

Comment

I know it seems like a copout answer, but...It really depends who theyre fighting, since styles make fights.

for example, I cant imagine any version of Ortiz beating Tsyzu. and yes, Im talking about the Kostya that wasnt prime that Hatton fought.

on the other hand, I can see Ortiz knockin out Hatton. Hatton was always a sucker for southpaws, and the way he lunges in would be devastating if he ran into an Ortiz punch.

Comment

Ortiz's worst nightmare. Prime Ricky was an animal.

In answer to the OP, Hatton made Kostya Tszyu quit. That's all you need to know to answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                I'd rather fight Ortiz.

Hatton had a much better jab, lateral & head movement & was a very good aggressive body puncher.

Ortiz is much more limited, open & has been exposed that said though southpaws are a real pain in the arse to fight I just think Ricky is the tougher, better fighter & set up his attacks much better. Ortiz IMO is nothing but a head hunter with poor footwork & defence.
                Ortiz defense and boxing skills >>> Hatton defense and boxing skills

you would really have to be an idiot to think otherwise

Comment

ortiz stops hatton at 147 lbs... hatton grinds down ortiz at 140 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    I know it seems like a copout answer, but...It really depends who theyre fighting, since styles make fights.

for example, I cant imagine any version of Ortiz beating Tsyzu. and yes, Im talking about the Kostya that wasnt prime that Hatton fought.

on the other hand, I can see Ortiz knockin out Hatton. Hatton was always a sucker for southpaws, and the way he lunges in would be devastating if he ran into an Ortiz punch.
                    I really feel that the 147 makes a huge difference for Ortiz as far as energy level are concerned. I need to do more homework on Kosta Tsyu, you had to be prepared for a tough fight against Hatton. Hatton was to small for alot of 147 as Callazo showed

Comment

Working...
                    X