Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 London Olympics: what countries will win the most medals in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Nobody cares about Amateur boxing anymore, anyway. The scoring system is absolutely ****ing terrible and it makes the sport unwatchable, IMO. Good luck to all the amateur boxers going to London this year, but like the rest of the world - I won't be watching you.

Come see me when you're pro.
    It's still boxing so I watch but you are right on most accounts. The style is completely different and that's why once they changed the rules, you see very few medalists do well in the pro game. They need to go back to the old scoring and also remove the head gear.

Comment

The Cuban team this year is pretty damn good, Julio La Cruz is a beast.

Comment

No lie... I think China. These guys are serious with their sports and wouldn't be surprised if they drilled them every day of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
          No.

In the 2008 Olympics, Cuba didn't win a gold medal in boxing, while Russia and China each won two. And the outstanding boxer overall (winner of the Val Barker Trophy) was a Ukrainian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_...ummer_Olympics
          yeah because basically the whole team left very shortly before the games. if they'd have had rigo, gamboa, solís, lara, etc you reckon they might have have won one or two golds??
          i know a lot of boxers from all countries turn pro but not those that could otherwise be in the olympic team* leaving right before the games, that doesn't happen.

*actually rigo wouldn't have been in the team anyhow but he was technically available for it

Comment

doesn't mean that much but felix savón is predicting 4-5 golds for cuba

Comment

the results of 4yrs ago olympics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_...ummer_Olympics

Comment

Where's Australia in that poll? Not saying they will win the most medals, but they deserve to be on the poll imo

Comment

probably Cuba but I voted for.....

Comment

China will come out of no where.
                    I don't know about any of there boxers but I know they have upped there training from all sports to the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by winky's right View Post
                      Where's Australia in that poll? Not saying they will win the most medals, but they deserve to be on the poll imo
                      Didn't one of the boxers test positive?

Comment

Working...
                      X