Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you make your jaw and temple muscle's stronger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you make your jaw and temple muscle's stronger?

Any one know how? heard jack dempsey was a big believer in makeing them area's stronger

Im pretty sure Timothy Bradely does chin pushups. Lays flat down on the floor with his face in the ground and tries to bring him self up with his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by BestPavlikFan View Post
      Im pretty sure Timothy Bradely does chin pushups. Lays flat down on the floor with his face in the ground and tries to bring him self up with his chin.
      Margarito does this as well

Comment

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

Comment

I've never been KD and I drink a lot of milk. I've taken some mighty beatings in my time.

Comment

First off you should be doing neck and jaw exercises like where you do a back bend and with your forehead on the ground and rock back and fort or putting pressure on your chin with your hand and trying to open your mouth.

Also you should be taking 100% of the recommended amount of calcium and vitamin d

Step 1: punch yourself (bare knuckle)

Hold your head steady with one hand on your left jaw and the other punching the right. at first hit lightly then after a week or so try harder and harder. This will accustom your jaw to getting hit. try hitting all along your jaw line and your cheek bones too.

Step 2: Punch yourself (bare knuckle or gloved)

Dont hold your head steady and just concentrate on using your neck to hold your head steady

Step 3: let other people punch you (gloved)

spar people but while sparing work on getting hit in the face and not loosing concentration i like getting pummeled and in the midsts of it just slowly reach out and lightly hit my opponent through any opening sure dose stop the flurry of punches and surprise the other person. but for that to work you cant fear being punched... the above should condition you to have no reason to fear being punched though

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
              First off you should be doing neck and jaw exercises like where you do a back bend and with your forehead on the ground and rock back and fort or putting pressure on your chin with your hand and trying to open your mouth.

Also you should be taking 100% of the recommended amount of calcium and vitamin d

Step 1: punch yourself (bare knuckle)

Hold your head steady with one hand on your left jaw and the other punching the right. at first hit lightly then after a week or so try harder and harder. This will accustom your jaw to getting hit. try hitting all along your jaw line and your cheek bones too.

Step 2: Punch yourself (bare knuckle or gloved)

Dont hold your head steady and just concentrate on using your neck to hold your head steady

Step 3: let other people punch you (gloved)

spar people but while sparing work on getting hit in the face and not loosing concentration i like getting pummeled and in the midsts of it just slowly reach out and lightly hit my opponent through any opening sure dose stop the flurry of punches and surprise the other person. but for that to work you cant fear being punched... the above should condition you to have no reason to fear being punched though
              thats fuckin' stupid, man, no offence but wtf, punching yourself in the face is pointless, its all psychological, if you box you will get hit, you dont wanna get hit go try another sport, just come to terms mentally with being hit, develop a good defence and you will be fine. dont punch yourself in the face

Comment

the neck and chin exercises have some sense but if it were me i would do a whole lot more sparring if it were my weakness

Comment

Originally posted by LordVoldemort View Post
                  thats fuckin' stupid, man, no offence but wtf, punching yourself in the face is pointless, its all psychological, if you box you will get hit, you dont wanna get hit go try another sport, just come to terms mentally with being hit, develop a good defence and you will be fine. dont punch yourself in the face
                  sounds dumb but it does work...that's how i strengthened my chin, i didn't know how to get it stronger so I just started punching it and now I can take many shots to the face without it bothering me too much

Comment

just because you exercise and know how to rock climb dosent mean your good at it, you have to rock climb and condition your hands with callisus. just because your strong and you know how to break a board dosent mean you can, you have to condition your hands by breaking boards.

there are 3 diffrent parts to conditioning 1. bone 2. nerves 3. muscle

Bone has all these little tiny holes and pores and when stress is placed on them the weak areas of the bone will start to break first instead of the whole bone breaking. all these little tiny stress breaks get rebuilt and become stronger and the strong areas are now the weak areas and your bones keep leveling up. This can take many years to actually build up to the point where you can do some crazy stuff. if you look at those brothers that wreck stuff with there body they are at that point in bone conditioning.

Nerves just get used to the pain so you body dosent automatically react involuentary to the hit instead its no diffrent then a touch over time. With out being damaged the nerves will become just as sensative as they were they arnt dieing

Muscles are the most important part of the 3 for they can make the most diffrence lets say you put a peice of meat in a sandwich bag and punched it what would happen. id mess up the meat and the bag. Well your muscles basically are wrapped in a sandwich bag and this layer distributes the pressure over the whole muscle now if you have a sandwich bag its not going to take much to break the sandwich bag and get a bruise and every hit after that to the same spot is just going to be more and more draining and painful. with the impact and slight damaging of the muscles the outer casing gets thicker and tougher almost turning from a sandwich bag to a leather pouch.

getting hit with bare knuckle will damage the muscles, nerves, and send stress through the bones because its solid to solid and your jaw is adsorbing the force but if you hit your self with gloves the padding is adsorbing the force and you are more likely to just knock yourself out then do any thing to your face that might cause it to get stronger. though when you have everything built up some what getting hit in the face with a glove is one of the better ways to strengthen the neck

Sure you can just spar and get hit alot and strengthen your jaw and neck and be able to take hits but it will never compare to a jaw forged through repeated bare knuckle strikes. Im sure mentally you can take a hit really well but can you mentally stop the bruseing?

Comment

Working...
                    X