No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Capote"

Based of the book and about Thurman Capote and his real life story of the book he wrote "In Cold Blood". This follows Thurman Capote writer for the New York Post and his account of the murdered family of 4 from Kansas by a group of brothers one who he becomes very facinated with and develops a close long lasting relationship with while gathering information from him sitting in his cell on death row.

Here's the deal------story is great, book was good, movie was to long and so slow not one high point the whole damn 2 hours of the movie. Acting was horrid, cast was ehhh, keep asking myself why do you let my girlfriend pick movies for us to watch?

Rocco Rating 3 out of 10

Comment

• "Archangel"

This is a brittish made for tv 3 part movie about 130 minutes long. It follows the story of a western writers quest to find these personal diary's of Joseph Stalin that were written during the days of the Stalin Era up until he died. This writer(actor: Daniel Craig)goes to Russia and searchs to find whether or not it's real and what he gets is more than he could have asked for.
      This has some good action scenes throughout(highly believable) and the story is incredible almost makes you think your watching a based on true events type of movie. Daniel Craig (aka the current James Bond) did a great job in this movie made it seem so real and raw.

Rocco Rating 8 out of 10

Comment

• "Totally Baked"

So this is a pot-u-mentary with lots of fun facts about the dangers and misconceptions of marijuana. It has stand up comedy bits, short stories as well as a sub story that is going on throughout the movie between other scenes which actually is very entertaining. I thought this was alot better than Super High Me and alot more funny. A good watch with alot of facts.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

• Harry Brown

starring Michael Caine as a former marine trying to cope with retirement and the loss of his wife but these 'thug' kids in his neighborhood forces the vigilante out in him..

movie dragged...plus when Brits talk really fast, i get lost in their accent and have no clue what they said...coulda used more menacing looking thugs...watching that 'gang' was like watching rizoom and chunk hang out and pick on senior citizens

5 out of 10

Comment

• Un Prophète (The Prophet)

A present day european french hybrid version of shawshank redemption & the goodfellas. One of the best foreign films i have ever seen. A story of a young, naive, illiterate thug who is part corsican part arab who is sent to a french prison for six years & ends up leaving a seasoned, cerebral, killer, & intelligent, manipulative gangster.

A ****ing must see epic.

10 out of 10 (this is not a overrated thoughtless rating. its that good).

Comment

• The Joneses

Story of a corporate created family who moves into wealthy neighborhoods to influence people to spend money. Starring David Duchovney, A still beautiful but obviously aging demi moore, & a excessively gorgeous Amber Heard who shows us some ****. Highly entertaining movie.

8 out of 10.

Comment

• just rewatched I love you, man.........****'s funny......9/10 as far as comedy/light hearted film goes

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  just rewatched I love you, man.........****'s funny......9/10 as far as comedy/light hearted film goes
                  9 is too high. loved the film but it fizzled out at the end. its as if they didnt have a plan to end the film. the way it ended almost ruined the film for me.

7.5-8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                    Un Prophète (The Prophet)

A present day european french hybrid version of shawshank redemption & the goodfellas. One of the best foreign films i have ever seen. A story of a young, naive, illiterate thug who is part corsican part arab who is sent to a french prison for six years & ends up leaving a seasoned, cerebral, killer, & intelligent, manipulative gangster.

A ****ing must see epic.

10 out of 10 (this is not a overrated thoughtless rating. its that good).
                    Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                    The Joneses

Story of a corporate created family who moves into wealthy neighborhoods to influence people to spend money. Starring David Duchovney, A still beautiful but obviously aging demi moore, & a excessively gorgeous Amber Heard who shows us some ****. Highly entertaining movie.

8 out of 10.

un prophete is a must see. its a epic with a remarkable story line. amber heard alone is a reason to watch the joneses.

Comment

• Crossing Over

A racially & socially engrossing film with many story lines sort of like Crash. It also touches base with the immigration issue. Harrison Ford, Ashley Judd, & Ray liotta are in it as well as alice eve (she's out of my league) who spends 80% of her time IN THE NUDE.

8 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X