Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman jailed after repeatedly trying to purchase Apple iPads with food stamps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman jailed after repeatedly trying to purchase Apple iPads with food stamps

Kentucky woman jailed after repeatedly trying to purchase Apple iPads with food stamps

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 · 2:52 pm · 43 Comments

“Tracy Browning, a 38-year-old Louisville woman, was jailed after she allegedly tried to purchase several iPads with a food stamp card, then fled to another location where she tried to make the same transaction,” Danny Vice reports for The Weekly Vice.

“According to Louisville police, Browning went to the Valley Station Walmart and tried to purchase two iPads with an Electronic Benefit Transfer card,” Vice reports. “When the transaction was denied, she assaulted a store clerk, pushed another employee to the ground and fled from the store with the merchandise.”

Read more in the full article here.

WHAS11 (Louisville) reports, “Browning was arrested a short time later at the Walmart on the Greenbelt Highway, where police said she was trying to buy more iPad’s with her card.”

She should have waited for the "Obama Pad"!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      She should have waited for the "Obama Pad"!

Comment

Comment

"When the transaction was denied, she assaulted a store clerk, pushed another employee to the ground and fled from the store with the merchandise.”

WTF!!! ^^^

its good to know my tax money is being put to good use

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            "When the transaction was denied, she assaulted a store clerk, pushed another employee to the ground and fled from the store with the merchandise.”

WTF!!! ^^^

its good to know my tax money is being put to good use
            The transaction was denied, I'd be pissed as a tax payer if the transaction had gone through. Isn't that the entire purpose of these 'benefit cards' that ******s like these can't cash their welfare cheques on ipads.

Comment

larry threatened her baby mama if she dont do it, he aint goin down that dirt road again.

Comment

Everybody in the hood knows that you can buy anything with food stamps except hot food, I guess iPads are on the list now.

Comment

did any of you ******s actually read the article? she got arrested for trying to steal the merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                    The transaction was denied, I'd be pissed as a tax payer if the transaction had gone through. Isn't that the entire purpose of these 'benefit cards' that ******s like these can't cash their welfare cheques on ipads.
                    I understand that it didn't go thru but I could imagine how many other things that lady had bought with my tax money before she got caught or how many other people misuse these benefits that we are working for.

Comment

Working...
                    X