Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight RJJ against current heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight RJJ against current heavies?

Who would you favour him against? Where would he fall short.

he's not beating Wlad, too tall and powerful
    everyone else he probably could take

Comment

if a 2003 version of roy jones (before he lost to tarver) goes up against any of the current heavy weights, he'd school each and every one of 'em. rjj had the entire package.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        if a 2003 version of roy jones (before he lost to tarver) goes up against any of the current heavy weights, he'd school each and every one of 'em. rjj had the entire package.
        Based on his fight with Ruiz, you're going to pick him over Wlad and Vitali?

Even Haye?

Comment

He can be competitive with any that aren't named Klitschko.

Comment

Wladamir, Vitali, Price and Haye utterly demolish him by brutal ko

He'd be competetive against the rest

Comment

I'm serious.

I'd fear for Jones' life against any of those four.

And before you say he could beat Haye, John Ruiz said "haye is the fastest fighter I ever fought" I.E at heavyweight, he's faster than Roy Jones.

He also hits WAY harder and has a better chin.
              Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 11-14-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there is no doubt Haye would K.O Heavyweight Roy Jones. Both Klits would obviously after that it's hard to say the really big guys would cause him major problems it's really hard to judge based off one fight against Ruiz.

Comment

Avoid Wlad, Vitali and Haye and he'd be good.

His chin getting hit by one of those guys would be the end of the fight. However, he could beat the others through pure talent. David Price is indeed huge with major power, but he's very slow and has a very questionable chin....RJJ could actually have stopped Price IMO.

Comment

Some answers in this thread prove just how much boxing fans can delude themselves into raising up the older boxers on a pedestal. The new guys are all a bunch of nobodies but an old fat and slow Roy Jones would make a good heavyweight? Get real.

Comment

Working...
                    X