No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Stand Firm: Eye Martinez, Cotto, Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
    well I don't agree with you on this. Floyed would beat Canelo and pretty much everybody else except Pacman the one he avoids. Canelo has a good chance to beat a guy like Martinez, and an even better chance at beating Cotto, but we will never know until they step in the ring.
    Martinez is the worst beating on that list with out question, too strong, Canelo has expericance with Welters and Jr Welters like Floyd, He aint getting in the ring with a guy that fights monsters and beats the wheels off of them

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
      Martinez is the worst beating on that list with out question, too strong, Canelo has expericance with Welters and Jr Welters like Floyd, He aint getting in the ring with a guy that fights monsters and beats the wheels off of them
      it all matters what weight they will be fighting at, if Canelo and Martinez fight at middeweight then yah Martinez will win, but if they fight at welterweight then Canelo has a shot at beating Martinez. weight will play a very important role, and everybody knows that if you really follow boxing. That Bum Chavez jr almost knock Martinez ass out and he has no skill, Canelo has great skill with punching power to go along with it. Come on now!
      Last edited by Toltec77; 11-09-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

mayweather and martinez destroy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

canelo and cotto is 50-50

Comment

Canelo isn't fighting Martinez or Mayweather

Samson is saying none of the names (ie Canelo or Mayweather) want to make a fight. so Martinez will be fighting a top 5 middleweight in Argentina in April. and yes fighters call out people publicly and act different in private. just think back to when Peter Quillin was calling out Martinez 24/7 but in private his team turned down the fight. I'm sure team Canelo did the same.

2ndly Mayweather is probably doing Wrestlemania in April which rules him out.

that leaves Cotto. let's face it Cotto is in the twlight of his career. he's still good enough to beat just about anybody but he is the safest big money fight for Canelo.

if Cotto looks bad or loses to Trout then Canelo can fall back on the WBC ruling as an excuse. Lara or Vanes would be easier than Martinez or Mayweather.

people forget Mayweather and Martinez are p4p elite fighters and Canelo isn't anywhere near that.

Comment

Manny is out of the question. He won't move up. Floyd is scared to fight at 154 now, because of what happened in the mid rounds with Cotto. We need to see what happens to Cotto first, and see if Martinez signs to fight someone else any time soon. I think if Cotto wins, he will fight Canelo, but I have a feeling he's going to lose. Martinez has only shown interest in fighting Floyd and Pacquiao, from what I've seen. It might be Canelo vs Trout.

Comment

I expect to see Alvarez VS Cotto.. maybe Mayweather you never know with him and probably wont hear anything from him till next year. Unless Canelo wants to fight Martinez in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                mayweather and martinez destroy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

canelo and cotto is 50-50
                lol how does Mayweather "destroy" Canelo exactly?

Comment

Canelo beats Cotto and Sergio but loses to Floyd.

Comment

Canelo needs to fight the winner of Vanes and Lara.Those guys are on the same level with him and he needs to beat one of them to prove he is worthy of being in the same ring with Mayweather, Cotto, or Martinez. Boxing shouldn't be a popularity contest. It should be the best fighting the best and Alverez hasn't beat anyone in his weight class to prove he is the best.

Comment

Nice to see Canelo stepping up. Rather see him vs Floyd or Martinez anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X