Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo DEMANDS Cotto, Sergio, or Mayweather for next fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo DEMANDS Cotto, Sergio, or Mayweather for next fight.

Canelo Alvarez has recently stated that instead of fighting again in December, he's going to wait it out until next May (Cinco De Mayo weekend) and is DEMANDING a fight between either Miguel Cotto, Sergio Martinez, or Floyd Mayweather Jr.

IMO, I think the fight with Floyd Mayweather would be the most entertaining and the most lucrative...but I think Cotto has the highest chance of landing the fight...that is, given that he beats Austin Trout.

Polling to see who you guys would like to see Canelo fight next.

Full Article Link:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/10/1...oy-boxing-news
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    20.99%
    Miguel Cotto
    48.15%
    Sergio Martinez
    30.86%
    Last edited by 1moreround; 10-12-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: Added the link to the source

Post a source.

And if those are the three options, I want him to fight Cotto, and Floyd can get it on with Martinez and the winner of the two fight each other.

Comment

Wow, real warrior

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Wow, real warrior
        Real warrior who's fought bums...hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 1moreround
          Cool thanks, gonna post it in here.

Canelo Alvarez demands Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, or Sergio Martinez for May fight

Canelo Alvarez isn't messing around, as he has told Golden Boy Promotions to make a fight with Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, or Sergio Martinez for Cinco De Mayo weekend next year.

Canelo Alvarez says he won't fight again in December, as had been previously rumored, but instead will wait for Cinco De Mayo weekend next May, and he's ordered Golden Boy Promotions to make a big fight with Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, or Sergio Martinez.

"Yesterday, we had a meeting with the people at Golden Boy Promotions, and we agreed to fight on May 5, and it's going to be against Maravilla Martinez, Miguel Cotto or Floyd Mayweather... They know, without a doubt, that I want one of those three names. I'm ready for those guys, and that's it."

Canelo would be fighting on May 4, 2013, the Saturday night of that weekend, and any of those fights would be very big business indeed.

Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO) is coming off of a one-sided beatdown of Josesito Lopez on September 15, when he made his Showtime debut to the network's highest Nielsen-tracked viewership ever, and sold out the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, to boot. There's no denying his star power, and he'd be a seriously desirable opponent for any of those fighters.

Cotto (who faces Austin Trout on December 1) and Martinez have both expressed a desire to face Canelo next year. Mayweather has not, but when it comes to future opponents, Floyd never says anything until he's got a fight signed, so that's not unusual.

This is what people want to see. Though Alvarez is young, he's clearly very good, and he says he's ready for this sort of step, which would take him into the ring with a truly elite fighter, no matter the choice. It would seem that Cotto would be the lead candidate. He's been working with Golden Boy, and we know he wants the fight. It's big money for the both and would be a big PPV show. But if Floyd does want it, it would be hard to pass that up. Floyd-Canelo would be a huge money fight -- I mean, really huge.

We'll see what shakes out. There's a long time between now and May, and a lot of things could change. Martinez is having surgery on his right knee, for starters, and Cotto still has to beat Trout, and nobody really knows what Floyd wants to do right now.

Comment

Serhiy Dzinziruk vs Canelo Alverez on Dec 29 to end 2012 is the fight to make, stop naming Cotto, Martinez, Chavez, Mayweather or any other fighter that is NOT available for later December..

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
              Real warrior who's fought bums...hahaha
              He would enslave Cotto if they ever fought......

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                He would enslave Cotto if they ever fought......
                Lol hell nah

Comment

I want maravilla to Rape him

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                    I want maravilla to Rape him
                    When Canelo connects with Sergio's glass it's lights out..

I also think Canelo can decision Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X