Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your memories of JOSE LUIS LOPEZ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maestrito beat Quartey, ike got a gift decision..... i only saw a couple of his fights, he never took his **** serious.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
      Maestrito beat Quartey, ike got a gift decision..... i only saw a couple of his fights, he never took his **** serious.
      That's a joke. Quartey had his hand raised that night and the corrupt WBA changed the decision the next day. If you really saw that fight you'd know that Quartey dominated. As far as scoring, it was similar to Wlad K-Sam Peter.

Comment

The fight that made James Page P4P #1

Comment

btw: is it true that felix trinidad ducked him?.......

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            That's a joke. Quartey had his hand raised that night and the corrupt WBA changed the decision the next day. If you really saw that fight you'd know that Quartey dominated. As far as scoring, it was similar to Wlad K-Sam Peter.
            I just watched that fight 2 days ago. I've been studying Ike. You're right about the WBA. Those fools even changed the scoring to the Whitaker fight that same night. I though Ike clearly won that fight. But after that fight. He was suppose to fight Whitaker until he tested postive for coke. Didn't want to fight his mandatory. So he signed to fight Tito. He got out of that contract to take the Hoya fight. But Hoya got cut in sparring and the fight was postponed for 3 months

I really think the Lopez fight exposed Quartey's flaws. Before that fight he couldn't get a fight. After that fight Tito and Hoya wanted him

Comment

The fight with Page was great. One of the top 3 WW fights of the 90s. Much better than the big-name WW fights around that time of DLH-Whitaker, DLH-Quartey, Trinidad-Whitaker, and DLH-Trinidad.

Comment

James Page could really punch, wish I could find his KO of Andrey Pestryaev but it's not on youtube.

I really miss Forum Boxing on Monday nights btw.

Comment

Working...
                X