Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes Martirosyan and Andy Lee are possibilities to replace Murray for Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee is promoted by Lou right? Why would Lou give them Lee for Chavez? Unless he thinks Lee would win and then a Lee Martinez fight is the fight to be made at 160?

Comment

Vanes Martirosyan? The guy is going to be tiny compared to a 180+ Chavez Jr ... and how is defending the title against a non ranked boxer at 160 a good thing?

Comment

No Andy Lee. I think Andy Lee will be fighting Sergio Martinez in August. That leaves Vanes Martirosyan. Vanes would have to fight Kirkland if he beats Molina though, for the final WBC eliminator. I see Vanes-Chavez as a good way for him to get out of that fight with Kirkland. S**t, maybe it'd actually make Kirkland-Alvarez happen, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          No Andy Lee. I think Andy Lee will be fighting Sergio Martinez in August. That leaves Vanes Martirosyan. Vanes would have to fight Kirkland if he beats Molina though, for the final WBC eliminator. I see Vanes-Chavez as a good way for him to get out of that fight with Kirkland. S**t, maybe it'd actually make Kirkland-Alvarez happen, but I doubt it.
          These "eliminators" are pure shit, I mean Kirkland has to beat Angulo, Molina and Vanes to get Canelo, while the ginger is fighting freaking shot Cintron and even more shot Mosley.

Comment

Jr vs Lee would be good and Martirosyan was kicking Jr's ass in sparring at Wold Card so that would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              The Vanes-Kirkland fight will not happen. Even if the WBC ordered it because of the Top Rank-Golden Boy cold war.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                These "eliminators" are pure shit, I mean Kirkland has to beat Angulo, Molina and Vanes to get Canelo, while the ginger is fighting freaking shot Cintron and even more shot Mosley.
                I know, it's bulls**t.

If Canelo really wanted to prove himself and land the Floyd fight, here's how he should have went about it.

After fighting Rhodes, a decent fight I guess, he should have fought Vanes Martirosyan. Than, while I really didn't mind the Cintron fight all that much for a stay busy fight and all, he should have fought someone like Carlos Molina, Gabriel Rosado, or even Yudel Johnson would have been better at that point. Than, for the Floyd PPV, he should have fought Delvin Rodriguez. And after that, he should fight James Kirkland in September. If he really wanted to land the Floyd fight and impress people, that's what he should have done.

After Canelo beats Mosley and once Cotto loses to Floyd, I see Canelo-Cotto popping off late in the year. At least it would make Floyd-Canelo pretty legit if Ginger were to beat Cotto. And Cotto only has interest in super fights at this point and I'm sure Cotto still has good fights left and he definitely would think he can beat Canelo.

I just see my boy Kirkland getting left out at 154 big time. I mean, I can't imagine that he has to fight Angulo, Molina, and Vanes, just to get a shot at Canelo. How the f**k is Vanes ranked #1 by the WBC instead of Kirkland??? Kirkland went to Mexico and whupped Angulo's a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  The Vanes-Kirkland fight will not happen. Even if the WBC ordered it because of the Top Rank-Golden Boy cold war.
                  I agree 1,000%. And Top Rank will probably match Vanes with Chavez now, so Kirkland will probably have to fight Bundrage, Rodriguez, or Williams.

I think we're going to see Canelo-Cotto late in 2012 once Cotto loses to Floyd though. It'll make Ginger a real opponent for Floyd if he actually beat Cotto, but I'd favor Cotto to beat him. Canelo doesn't impress me until he beats Kirkland or Cotto.

Kirkland vs. Cotto would be a great fight as well, though I doubt Cotto takes that fight. He only wants super fights right now.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    Vanes Martirosyan? The guy is going to be tiny compared to a 180+ Chavez Jr ... and how is defending the title against a non ranked boxer at 160 a good thing?
                    LMAO, have you looked at the WBC rankings? They got guys ranked in divisions they haven't fought in before

Gamboa #1 lightweight
                    Guerrero #3 light welter

They have Thomas Durlome #3 at 147. Chris Arreola #1 heavyweight

Shane Mosley #3 at 154 despite being irrelevant to that division for several years

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                      LMAO, have you looked at the WBC rankings? They got guys ranked in divisions they haven't fought in before

Gamboa #1 lightweight
                      Guerrero #3 light welter

They have Thomas Durlome #3 at 147. Chris Arreola #1 heavyweight

Shane Mosley #3 at 154 despite being irrelevant to that division for several years
                      Devon Alexander was #1 by the WBC before he even fought at WW.... and he still hasn't fought a WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X