No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
    Still LOLOLOLOLOL @ Foreman's Wlad-Haye scorecard.
    I didnt see it, how did he have it scored?

Comment

How stupid... of course he will, he'll have had one of the longest reigns ever in HW history when he retires, will always be remembered as the dominant HW of the 2000s, and his reign will mark the point at which eastern europeans started dominating the HW division. You better get used to it, because it's going to be that way for a long time.

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      He had it even after 10 rounds or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        A draw, and he had Haye ahead after 7 IIRC.

Comment

George Foreman had the benefit of fighting in an era where the HW division was MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE. Is it Wlad's fault that in his era it isn't?

George really needs to stick to his grill's. He may not like Wlad's style of fighting but its a fact THE K'S have dominated the HW division in a way not seen in decades.

In a wierd way you have Lennox to partially thank for this, he left boxing with a question mark of us never knowing how a rematch with Vitali would have been and since then many fans have pretty much been turned off by the HW's.

Comment

Originally posted by emart05 View Post
            WOW, Foreman really let Wlad have it!!!

"Well, he’s a defensive fighter. It doesn’t matter if his opponent is big or small, he will never take any chances. He’ll probably go down as one of the most reluctant Heavyweight Champions ever. Floyd Patterson wasn’t that big, but at least he took a chance and stood in front of Sonny Liston. So he’s not going to go down as the bravest guy. The reason why he’s reluctant is because he has a weak chin. He’s always trying to protect that chin, but he’s not going to leave much of a legacy."

Continue reading on Examiner.com George Foreman: Wladimir will not leave much of a legacy in boxing - Houston Boxing | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-ho...#ixzz1S9HYQxo9

That's true George.

Better to not use the jab, to stay in front of your opponent throwing the same punches getting tired and then getting knocked the **** out like you in Rumble in the Jungle.

Ho yeah George that was a great game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
              George Foreman had the benefit of fighting in an era where the HW division was MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE. Is it Wlad's fault that in his era it isn't?
              It was more competitive but on a much weaker level.

Just the fact alone that a half-blind (Frazier) and a guy with Parkinsons were world champs shows you how bad it was.

That Foreman mentions Patterson shows how mentally sick he is. It's Patterson who not once fought a real heavyweight fight 200x2, let alone was KOed 5 times. Patterson is completely unknown outside of hardcore boxing fan circles.

Foreman is merely bitter that he has no clue about boxing (I lol'ed at his scorecard) and has scored only 3 KOs (200x2) in world championship fights in his entire career (already including the worthless win against Dwarfy, the one-eyed featherfists).

Prime Foreman would be Vitali Klitschko's Bottom-3 lightest opponent. A head shorter than Wlad, yet he's been called "BIG George Foreman" back then.

Against any Klitschko Foreman would lick the canvas while dreaming of mama's mamillas, especially since Foreman had a much more doubtful chin than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I think Wladimir Klitschko will be more appreciated once he has retired for a long time. Especially when the HW division gets "exciting" again. Boxing fans will catch and realize it was boring because it was being dominated by a very skillful boxer who knew how to utilize his height and used it as a strength.

That's exactly how I see it as well. I think Foreman is comparing Wlad to exciting fighters like himself, and Tyson. The reality is they set the standard so high, its hard for anyone to be compared in terms of excitement. Being the most exciting doesn't always equal being the best. Tyson had a time when he was unbeatable just like Wlad now, and both had times in their careers when they could be beat. I don't think Foreman is racist at all. He's just looking at Wlad through a whole different perspective. Just because Wlad isn't the most exciting fighter doesn't mean he didn't achieve greatness in his own way. I didn't see Wlad run from Haye, so I disagree with Foreman for using that as an example.

Comment

foreman shouldn't talk sh**

every time someone brings up foremans name this is the first picture that comes up
                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Funny a Prime Wlad would kill Foreman in the ring, stfu you fat midget

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
                      A draw, and he had Haye ahead after 7 IIRC.
                      You have got to be joking! I gave Haye two rounds, and even that hurt me to do so. Man I love Big G, he packs a punch and markets a mean grill, but damn. I wonder if there is a bit of bitterness there, it seems strange that he always takes a job leading them into the arena or making vid for there ring entrances.

Comment

Working...
                      X