No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Could Be Moved Forward on The Fast Track

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Could Be Moved Forward on The Fast Track

Featherweight prospect Oscar Valdez, 22-year-old, is now 3-0 with three knockouts after his fourth-round stoppage of Carlos Gonzalez on last Saturday's Timothy Bradley-Ruslan Provodnikov undercard, which took place at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Since Valdez is such a decorated amateur, manager Frank Espinoza intimated we might see him move a little quicker than most do in their pro careers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

John joe nevin schooled him in the Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
      Lets see if that happens in the pros. I highly doubt it.

Comment

Amateurs and pros are different things. Aggression is not reward with the Amateur system.

Comment

this guy is chignon

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
            Amateurs and pros are different things. Aggression is not reward with the Amateur system.
            I'm well aware there different but maybe if u actually watched the fight you would realise it didnt matter he was clearly outboxed and made to look average

Comment

I'm high on Valdez but WTF is going on with Benavidez? How about Matt Korobov? Don't know what Top Rank is doing with these guys.

Comment

I'm well aware there different but maybe if u actually watched the fight you would realise it didnt matter he was clearly outboxed and made to look average
                Pro game and amateur game have NOTHING to do with each other. No head gear, 8oz gloves and 4 rounds and up.

Many great pro's were beat by guys in the amateurs they later on went to destroy in the pro's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Pro game and amateur game have NOTHING to do with each other. No head gear, 8oz gloves and 4 rounds and up.

Many great pro's were beat by guys in the amateurs they later on went to destroy in the pro's.
                  Where did I actually say am and pro are the same?????nowhere all I said is Valdez looked crude and lost against nevin nothing to do with anything else

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                    I'm high on Valdez but WTF is going on with Benavidez? How about Matt Korobov? Don't know what Top Rank is doing with these guys.
                    Benavidez is hurt and will be out until the summer time. He has a lingering injury on his right hand. As far as Mattvey is concerned, I'm not too sure what's going on with him. I was actually thinking about him earlier this morning (as I have been to one of his fights). He was a good prospect when I first saw him but that was a few years ago. I suspect one of three things, 1) he's having managerial/ promotional problems, 2) he has reoccuring injuries, or 3) he's not as good as we all thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X