Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Helenius vs. Williams, Nielsen vs. Bahki

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Weights: Helenius vs. Williams, Nielsen vs. Bahki

The weights are in for the big card at the Ice Hall in Helsinki, Finland. Making his return after a long layoff due to injuries, Robert "The Nordic Nightmare" Helenius (17-0, 11KOs) will face Sherman "The Tank" Williams (35-11-2, 19KOs). Helenius came in at 249.3-pounds, while Williams was 264.8. Pictures by Seppo JJ Sirkka EASTPRESS Eastpress.

[Click Here To Read More]

You gotta love Robert Helenius - this guy has never taken easy fights against bad opponents, he's always fighting good comp. Lookin forward to the Nordic Nightmare getting the big KO tomorrow and further solidifying his top contender status.

Comment

Guess anybody can be a heavyweight nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        You gotta love Robert Helenius - this guy has never taken easy fights against bad opponents, he's always fighting good comp. Lookin forward to the Nordic Nightmare getting the big KO tomorrow and further solidifying his top contender status.
        What!? Sherman Williams is 5'10 40 years old and has 11 defeats, and you classify this as tough fight for Helenius? How can anyone justify this as anything other than a joke? After fighting Peter and Chisora I thought he would at least fight game opponents but the Chisora fight must have took the confidence from his handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          What!? Sherman Williams is 5'10 40 years old and has 11 defeats, and you classify this as tough fight for Helenius? How can anyone justify this as anything other than a joke? After fighting Peter and Chisora I thought he would at least fight game opponents but the Chisora fight must have took the confidence from his handlers.
          chill out. helenius was out of tha game for one full year. its a comeback fight.

Comment

Helenius is coming off an injury and I wouldn't judge him by him having 11 losses. Williams is a very solid heavyweight whose not always got the big fights and had been on the end of a few bad decisions. Nobody has it easy with The Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Helenius is coming off an injury and I wouldn't judge him by him having 11 losses. Williams is a very solid heavyweight whose not always got the big fights and had been on the end of a few bad decisions. Nobody has it easy with The Tank.
              this somes up my thoughts...

Comment

Look beyond the numbers. Although he's lost a lot of decisions, he's been able to go the distance with some pretty high profile fighters - Charr, Chagev, Mccline. He's also coming off on two fights (1 win, 1 NC) where he did very well. He beat Welliver and he practically KO'd Holyfield until the fight was stopped due to a tiny cut.

This guy's no tomato can or pushover; he's a fringe contender who seems very motivated and intent on pulling the upset. Most, but not all, boxers who have suffered an injury, comeback against a limited fighter - but not in this case.

Comment

I hope Robert has recovered from the injury. That fight against Chisora was horrible..tomorrow we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    chill out. helenius was out of tha game for one full year. its a comeback fight.
                    Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on his selection, in regards the injury, but regarding the previous quote, if any other top prospect picked the tank as an opponent would you call it a tough fight? He hasn't put up a good showing in 7 years since the Chagaev fight, (not withstanding the Holyfield fight, which was a joke)

Comment

Working...
                    X