No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Expects a Huge 2013 With Mayweather's Double

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Expects a Huge 2013 With Mayweather's Double

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) will return to the ring in 2013....not once, but twice. Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions have reserved the dates of May 4th and September 14th for Mayweather's 2013 double.

"It's great news for fight fans because 2013 will be the biggest [events] yet. Golden Boy and Mayweather Promotions are holding the records for the biggest pay-per-views, but I think this year in 2013 - we are going to create new records because Floyd Mayweather has indicated to us that he wants to fight twice next year," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good if true

My biggest beef as a Mayweather fan was how he only averaged one fight a year from 2010-2011. Seriously WTF

Comment

i hope its against a quality opponent ! unlike his last 3 fights that were against boxers who were shells of the former selves or a all out bum in the case of ortiz! mayweather has a legion of fans i should know because the neg rep me to red ! hopefully some kind person can green rep me back to my original glory ! but i digress ! mayweather owes his fans a fight against a good oponent like sergio martinez whos currently in his weight class ! but something tells me he will choose bradley or devon alexander
      Last edited by 3Sun2; 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I remember Mayweather ripped Pacquiao for not being loyal to HBO when he fought Mosley on Showtime. I don't think he's going to Showtime.

Anyway, I thought Martinez vs Chavez would be on independence day weekend. I would have thought Arum had reserved it by now.

Comment

I see Guerrero May 4th and Canelo Sept 14th. Kind of weird a black guy wants nothing more than to fight on Mexican holiday's but whatever that's where the money is.

Comment

mayweather pacquiao in may and mayweather martinez in september but somehow i think iv more chance of winning the lottery, with no lottery ticket.

Comment

i got a feeling floyd is going to duck all the threatening opposition at 154 the way he ducked 147 when it was the hottest and deepest division in all of boxing after beating career 140 pounder hatton.

Comment

Mayweather fight twice in 4.5 months? Don't buy it for a second...if he does I'm assuming he'll fight a stiff in May and someone with a name september, or vice versa? I think most ppl are thinking Guerrero in May, Canelo in Sep? It would be nice to see Mayweather back in the ring either way...obv he won't be fighting Manny we can forget that

Comment

Floyd did say he wants to fight 5 more times or something like that right? He said no strong champions though.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                    Mayweather fight twice in 4.5 months? Don't buy it for a second...if he does I'm assuming he'll fight a stiff in May and someone with a name september, or vice versa? I think most ppl are thinking Guerrero in May, Canelo in Sep? It would be nice to see Mayweather back in the ring either way...obv he won't be fighting Manny we can forget that
                    The worst case scenario would be Guerrero and Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                    X