No announcement yet.

Dwyer: Ricky Hatton looked good, is still world class, just got unlucky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    He chose Hatton win or Senchenko by KO. So no he wasn't wrong. When betting you don't just pick a winner you weigh up the value of the bet vs the risk of it losing.
    So basically he chose 75% of the possible outcomes (excluding draws)? GENIUS.

Comment

I watched the fight. I don't think Hatton looked that bad. He started to gas the last two or three rounds. Be he wasn't getting outclassed by any means. Hatton would probably stop him in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
        Yes it is smart, because he doesn't lose any money now.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          He hedges his bets. In other words, he covers his a$$. So he will not win as much money as if he straight bet and got it right, but he will also not absorb a big loss or one at all if he is wrong.

Nothing wrong with that type of betting. It is actually smart betting. I do not agree with many of his picks, but his better strategies are fairly sound.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Wow, Dwyer is so bad at picks, he's even bad at his post picks
            He used to be good at predictions once upon a time, but then all of a sudden the bull**** gene inside him activated - and it all went downhill from there

Comment

You don't have to look further than that layoff and that lifestyle.........easy pick

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                He hedges his bets. In other words, he covers his a$$. So he will not win as much money as if he straight bet and got it right, but he will also not absorb a big loss or one at all if he is wrong.

Nothing wrong with that type of betting. It is actually smart betting. I do not agree with many of his picks, but his better strategies are fairly sound.
                The problem is, the odds have to be right, and a lot of the time, the nonsense he is telling people to bet, costs them more money in the long run. The odds have to be right, and more times than not, they're not right. The odds on this fight were OK for that type of bet. But most of the time, they're not.

Dwyer is barely break even, if that.

Comment

why do people still watch dwyer videos?? for the laughs?

Comment

I am right over 90% of the time..... the bulshiet

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      The problem is, the odds have to be right, and a lot of the time, the nonsense he is telling people to bet, costs them more money in the long run. The odds have to be right, and more times than not, they're not right. The odds on this fight were OK for that type of bet. But most of the time, they're not.

Dwyer is barely break even, if that.
                      Exactly, the odds have to be within a certain range or his type of betting is not a money making strategy at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X